Customer Service Representative
|Hiring Organization||Maximus Inc|
|Post Name||Customer Service Representative|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Maximus is currently looking for Customer Service Representatives! This remote Customer Service Representative (CSR) position will be in support of FEMA, which is the Federal Emergency Management Agency. This CSR position will primarily assist callers with questions and concerns about local or state emergencies.
The start date for this position is pending. To prepare you for this role, employees will be provided with paid, comprehensive training which ensures our customer service representatives care for each caller with the highest levels of knowledge and professionalism.
Education and Experience Requirements
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Navigate to the appropriate pre-scripted responses which CSR must read verbatim to provide basic general and claims-specific information
- Utilize standard technology such as telephone, email, and web browsers to complete work tasks
- Complete basic call-related input in the computer terminal to phone inquiries such as clicking buttons to confirm answers
- Assist callers
- Refer escalated calls as needed to the supervisor
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least six (6) months of customer service/secretarial/telemarketing experience required
- Ability to speak and read English clearly, professionally, and fluently
- Ability to type a minimum of 20 WPM (words per minute)
- Ability to pass a federal background check
- Ability to comply with moderate computer usage
- Ability to work nights and weekends, as well as overtime and/or holidays as needed
- Experience with and/or ability to use call center telephony equipment
- Call center experience preferred, but not required
Home Office Requirements:
- Hardwired internet (ethernet) connection
- Internet download speed of 25mbps single user/50mbps shared and 5mbps (10 preferred) upload or higher required
- Private work area and adequate power source
- All equipment will be provided by Maximus (laptop and headset) but must be picked up in our physical office located in Houston, TX, prior to your start date
Since 1975, Maximus has operated under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People, enabling citizens around the globe to successfully engage with their governments at all levels and across a variety of health and human services programs.
Maximus delivers innovative business process management and technology solutions that contribute to improved outcomes for citizens and higher levels of productivity, accuracy, accountability, and efficiency of government-sponsored programs.
With more than 30,000 employees worldwide, Maximus is a proud partner to government agencies in the United States, Australia, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, and the United Kingdom.
As a large employer and Federal contractor, Maximus is subject to various vaccine mandates across our lines of business. Maximus is committed to complying with any applicable vaccine mandates.
The specific vaccine requirements for this position will be outlined throughout the selection process. Individuals who believe they may qualify for medical or religious accommodation will have the opportunity to apply for accommodation following an offer of employment.
Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential and bring resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce.
We recognize your unique skills and experiences and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We are proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families.
If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or are a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource.
MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.