|Hiring Organization||B Lab UK|
|Post Name||Finance Manager|
|Qualification||A qualified accountant, preferably ACMA or ACCA or equivalent experience, with demonstrable post-qualification continuing development.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 41520 To GBP 44625 Per Year|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom E1 1EW|
This is a new role in a fast-growing organization working with businesses to transform the economy to benefit all people, communities, and the planet.
The B Corp Movement
B Lab UK is part of the global B Corp movement. Certified B Corps seek to redefine success in business by putting social and environmental impact on a par with profit. The B Corp community is a global movement of businesses that provide leadership by demonstrating their commitments to people and the planet and creating examples of success for others to follow.
There are now over 5,000 B Corps in over 80 countries and covering 150 sectors, including Patagonia, The Body Shop, The Guardian, and Divine Chocolate. B Lab was created as part of this movement, with the mission to inspire and enable people to use business as a force for good.
There are B Labs across the globe and our purpose is to redefine success in business through building a community of locally engaged businesses, raising awareness of the B Corp movement, and championing change in the UK economy.
With the growth in demand from businesses to join the movement, this is an exciting time to join us in a new role that will evolve with B Lab UK’s needs, focussing on providing quality financial information and analysis as well as maintaining financial controls, creating great learning opportunities for the right person.
Tasks and responsibilities include:
Liaise with the current outsourced accounting service to ensure bookkeeping records on financial systems are accurate, and meet B Lab UK’s needs, processes and policies.
Check the provided monthly management accounts for accuracy and provide analysis and narrative for budget-holders and the Leadership Team and undertake other necessary analysis that enables informed decisions at strategic and operational levels.
Facilitate the Leadership Team in financial planning:
- Coordinate and prepare the annual budget and forecasts and other financial plans, as appropriate;
- Financial modeling to test planning and budgeting scenarios, the impact of pricing changes, and ad-hoc initiatives and proposals.
Manage the Finance Officer, and in line with best practice management standards, supervise, motivate and appraise, coach, and support development.
As B Lab UK grows, contribute and support the planning and coordination of establishing in-house finance activities, including the selection and implementation of appropriate systems and resources required.
Ensure the effective and efficient use of operating cash, including overseeing debt collection; monitoring short-term cash needs and forecasting longer-term cash requirements.
Ensure compliance with relevant statutory requirements including Charity and Company Law, PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax, and Payroll.
Develop and implement financial procedures and controls appropriate to B Lab UK to ensure its assets are adequately protected and managed.
Develop improved reporting to stakeholders to increase their understanding of financial matters and develop external reporting of the sustainability of B Lab UK’s operations.
Support the annual audit process, liaising with auditors, providing all required information, and any analysis requested for statutory accounts for B Lab UK under the Charity SORP.
Support the development of IT and systems appropriate for B Lab UK as it grows.
Lead, assist with, and/or contribute to other Operations activities and Team projects and activities as required.
Skills and Experience
- A qualified accountant, preferably ACMA or ACCA or equivalent experience, with demonstrable post-qualification continuing development.
- Demonstrable experience in establishing financial controls and processes
- Demonstrable experience in preparing management accounts and analysis, providing a narrative for non-finance stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience in preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Advanced spreadsheet skills, including experience in building models and sensitivity analysis to support business planning
A good understanding of:
- the legal requirements for statutory accounts especially as related to charities
- VAT and tax principles related to charities (or another mixed rate)
- Cash management
- Ability to manage projects effectively (systems implementations or other)
- Proven organizational skills, including prioritizing to meet competing deadlines.
- Great attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem-solving skills
- Adaptable and comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic start-up environment.
- Staff management
- Experience in preparing charity statutory accounts.
- Systems selection and implementation
- IT and systems development
- Passionate about the role that business can play in creating a future that benefits all people and the planet.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to demonstrate a professional manner in writing and verbally both remotely and face to face
- Analytical, with a commercial mindset
- Ability to respond flexibly to changing needs, whilst maintaining appropriate financial controls.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and deal with commercially sensitive information
- Self-motivated, proactive, and structured worker, happy to work independently as well as collaborate with other teams.
- Committed to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Good interpersonal skills to work collaboratively across teams.
- A strong work ethic, keeping to deadlines with the ability to prioritize, a finisher of tasks
- Eligible to work in the UK (we will not be able to provide visa sponsorship)
- Opportunity for Flexible working 4 or 5 days per week
- Hybrid working
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays (pro rata for part-time staff)
- Our office is closed for the Christmas holidays, no need to take an extra holiday!
- 1 additional annual leave day (pro-rated for part-time staff) for each complete year of service, up to a maximum of 30 days
- Private Medical and Dental cover
- £200 Annual Wellbeing allowance
- 2 paid volunteer days per year
- Enhanced Parental Leave and family-friendly policies
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Pension and Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Income Protection policy
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Working in a flexible office workspace with member benefits