FP&A Financial Analyst
|Hiring Organization||Marsh & McLennan Agency|
|Post Name||FP&A Financial Analyst|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 5500 To USD 7000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
What can you expect?
This position is responsible for providing direct analyst support to Mercer’s US Health B2B business and collaborating with the Mercer US Health team to accelerate the businesses and region’s growth agenda. B2B generates $700M a year in revenue and is the single largest sub-business across Mercer globally.
The ideal candidate will be expected to partner with the US Health finance team, HR, and commercial operations team to provide insightful decision support and business partnership.
The candidate will support a wide range of initiatives from headcount management, performance analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and other activities aimed at driving both top and bottom-line growth at Mercer.
What’s in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- Excellent growth/advancement opportunity
- Work with collaborative, intelligent, solutions-focused colleagues who truly care about the work, and each other, while maintaining work-life balance
We will count on you to:
Mercer US Health is looking for a collaborative individual who is able to grasp various business models and resolve complex issues to provide recommended actions. An ability to communicate effectively will be key and the ideal candidate will have strong analytical skills, accuracy, and a bias for action to ensure that tangible insights are generated with limited oversight.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Compile financial data and quantitative analyses to support sound and defensible recommendations
- Review and analyze financial planning information and reports in order to make recommendations to management
- Support month-end close process by reviewing recurring/standard and ad hoc reports, develop an understanding of our P&L structure and variances to budget and prior year
- Assist and evaluate the development of financial plans by identifying financial outcomes and potential returns
- Update financial database by identifying sources of information and entering, verifying, and securing data
- Review data extracts from Mercer’s data warehouse to support key strategic initiatives
- Assist in the preparation of financial presentations using a variety of formats, displays, reproduction of charts, graphs, and econometric models
- Partner with Market Business Leaders in order to drive sustainable profitable growth:
- Support pricing governance and inflation analysis
- P&L management
- KPI analysis
- Client profitability
- Market segmentation by industry and client size
- Proactively suggest and implement changes to streamline processes and improve the effectiveness of support that Finance provides to the business leaders
- Support the development of budgets and forecasts
- Research, identify, and explain revenue, expense, and operational variances to highlight areas of risk and opportunities to improve
- Provide support on sales tracking, performance reporting, forecasting, and analysis
What you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 3 – 7 years in an accounting or financial analysis role
- Self-motivator with the ability to function independently in a fast pace environment
- Desire to learn and ability to apply new concepts
- Responsive to tight timelines
- Strong communications skills and a collaborative nature
- Exceptional skills in financial modeling to execute the forecast, financial planning, and reporting processes
- Adept at applying technology and interfacing with the company’s information technology teams to develop additional financial reporting tools
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of financial systems (Oracle, Essbase)
- Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines and take on special projects alongside ongoing activity
What makes you stand out:
- A can-do attitude and a growth mindset
- Ability to identify opportunity and assess actions required to grasp it
- Willingness to put forward an opinion and challenge the status quo
- Ability to become an effective member of a broader team
- Intellectual curiosity and critical thinking ability
- Able to balance precision and getting things done
Mercer believes in building brighter futures by redefining the world of work, reshaping retirement and investment outcomes, and unlocking real health and well-being. Mercer’s more than 25,000 employees are based in 44 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries.
Mercer is a business of Marsh McLennan (NYSE: MMC), the world’s leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy, and people, with 76,000 colleagues and annual revenue of $17 billion. Through its market-leading businesses including Marsh, Guy Carpenter, and Oliver Wyman, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment.