Duane Reade Cashier
|Hiring Organization||Walgreens pharmacy|
|Post Name||Duane Reade Cashier|
|Qualification||12th Pass, Any Graduate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10038|
Founded in, Duane Reade is the largest drug store chain in the metropolitan New York City area, offering a variety of prescription and over-the-counter drugs, health and beauty care items, cosmetics, greeting cards, photo supplies, and photofinishing.
A cashier is the last point of sale so the cashier should be able to leave a lasting impression on the customer to want to come back. A Cashier is responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service as per Company standards, processing sales quickly, accurately, and efficiently, cash register operations, and safeguarding company assets.
- Greet customers entering the Duane Reade location
- Process all sale transactions by receiving payment by cash, check credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.
- Process merchandise returns and exchanges.
- Register customers for the Dollar Reward Savings Club card.
- Answer customers’ questions, and provide information on procedures or policies.
- Compute and record totals of transactions.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.
- Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or changes due to customers.
- Issue trading stamps, and redeem food stamps and coupons (if applicable).
- Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.
- Monitor checkout stations to ensure that they have adequate cash available and that they are staffed appropriately.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- Compile and maintain non-monetary reports and records.
- Stock shelves, and mark prices on shelves and items.
- Must be fluent in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Requires willingness to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekend hours.
- Prefer six months of experience in a retail environment.
- Prefer to have prior work experience with Duane Reade.