|Hiring Organization||United Airlines Inc|
|Post Name||Flight Attendant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77002|
Join the United Inflight team: Be part of our shared purpose – Connecting people, Uniting the world
There’s never been a more exciting time to join United Airlines! We’re on a path toward becoming the best airline in the history of aviation and have made huge strides in the areas of employee engagement, customer service, and experience, environmental sustainability and diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Today, United has over 22,000 active flight attendants. With the unique ability to see the world while working, it’s no surprise that flight attendant jobs are highly desired. We do not require special schooling or a college degree for this job and you will be fully trained once hired.
Travel: Fly around the world on United for free and bring your loved ones!
Outstanding Benefits: 401(k), health/dental/vision insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family. Paid time off for sick and vacation. A payment plan is available to purchase the initial uniform and luggage.
Starting pay of $28.88/hour with top of the base scale at $67.11/hour: Seniority-based pay raises increases and additional compensation for language skills, leadership positions, and international trips.
Outstanding training: To start your career, you will begin with 6 weeks’ long training in Houston, TX learning United safety and customer service standards. Following the successful completion of this training, we will gladly welcome you aboard as a full-time employee and you will be assigned to one of our seven bases – Chicago, Denver, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, San Francisco, or Washington Dulles (relocation funds not provided). United provides a $140/week per diem, along with accommodations, breakfast, and lunch during training
Inflight Crew member proficiencies:
Safety First: Ensure the highest levels of safety.
A “People-First” demeanor: Ability to adapt/respond to different types of customer-facing scenarios. A passion to serve with optimism and positivity. Direct engagement with customers through outstanding interpersonal skills, good judgment and ability to resolve issues with understanding, compassion, and grace. Influence customer loyalty through excellent service. Represent United with pride and distinction.
Flexibility: With the most comprehensive route network in the world, United’s flight attendants are available for global assignments 24/7, including nights, weekends, holidays, and extended hours. You will fulfill reserve assignments on short notice and be away from your base for days at a time. Dependability and timeliness are critical to success in this role and to operating our schedule and meeting customer expectations.
Team Player: Consistent track record of working independently as well as as part of the team.
Turn dreams into reality: Have fun, travel the world, make new friendships, explore new cultures, and craft memorable experiences for every customer, every flight, every day.
Qualifications and Requirements include:
- 20 years of age or older at the time of application
- High school diploma or equivalent; 2 or more years of college preferred
- Experience in the service industry (such as customer, retail, hospitality, food, aviation, safety, social service, healthcare/medical position, or military)
- Effective communication is crucial in the event of high-stress situations such as aircraft evacuation, security threats, delays, medical emergencies, severe weather conditions, and turbulence.
- Professional appearance, excellent grooming standards, and willingness to follow uniform, hair, tattoo, and piercing guidelines
- Ability to proficiently operate electronic devices (phones, tablets, laptops, etc). for the completion of required tasks
- Possession of a valid U.S. passport or foreign passport with applicable visas and eligibility to travel globally without restrictions
- English language proficiency; second languages such as Hebrew, Hindi, Dutch, and German are an asset
- The ability to stand, walk, kneel, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, lift heavy objects (such as luggage to overhead bin or window exit) and push and pull beverage cart (up to 250 lbs.).
- Ability to sit in an assigned jump seat with seatbelt and shoulder harness fastened.
- Expectation to serve and/or sell food and beverages in a diligent and professional manner.
- Flight attendant trainees must successfully demonstrate an evacuation drill in the water (pool) during training.
- Other requirements as set forth in the Flight Attendant job description (view here). Please be advised that the above is not the official overview of the qualifications/requirements of the position.
What you receive for delivering your best
- United is pleased to offer employees a competitive compensation package including industry-leading pay, exceptional benefits, and travel privileges.
- Additional compensation for language skills, leadership positions, and international trips.
- Competitive benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
- Flight privileges: you, your family, and your friends can fly anywhere in the world on standby.
- United offers inclusive uniform standards where our employees feel welcome to be their authentic selves at work and celebrate their individuality.
- United puts safety and cleanliness at the forefront of the travel experience for employees and customers.
- During training, United provides a $140/week per diem, along with accommodations, breakfast, and lunch.
- A payment plan is available to purchase the initial uniform and luggage.