Family Nurse Practitioner
|Hiring Organization||Spring Branch Community Health Center – Hillendahl Clinic|
|Post Name||Family Nurse Practitioner|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77055|
The Family Nurse Practitioner reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer and is responsible for providing direct patient care including history review, health education, physical exam, counseling, diagnosis, and treatment according to protocols and meeting productivity goals. The FNP will be part of a team working in collaboration with the clinic staff to provide primary health care services effectively and efficiently.
- License to practice as an Advance Practice Nurse with prescriptive authority in the State of Texas
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) and Board Certification in the specialty.
- Certified BLS or BLS equivalent.
- One year of experience in a health center or similar setting as a Nurse Practitioner
- Bilingual – English/Spanish is preferred
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide medical services, but only as delegated by the supervising Chief Medical Officer.
- Prescribe medications and make recommendations for other forms of treatment.
- Maintain medical expertise and competency as well as demonstrate a thorough knowledge of procedures to deliver quality primary medical care. Provide medical sessions, as scheduled, in direct patient care at the health center.
- Examine, diagnose, treat and/or refer patients for appropriate specialty care services.
- Review all lab and x-ray reports for patients under his/her care on a timely basis and make medical management decisions appropriately.
- Follow appropriate standards of care for each patient.
- Maintain a problem-oriented health record for each patient seen following the health center’s established information management policies and procedures.
- Perform, order, and interpret diagnostic studies and medical protocols.
- Provide education and support to patients and receive and address patients’ questions and problems.
- Collaborate with Chief Medical Officer, Physician Assistant, Clinical Quality Manager, Site Supervisor, Medical Assistants Front Desk Staff, and other team members to assess the needs of clients.
- Participate in the review and development of patient care policies, including health maintenance schedules and continuity of care. Serve as a resource and positive, proactive leader for the department.
- Ensure that patients and their families/significant others are educated about the diagnosis and the plan of care. Act as a resource for facilitating communication when necessary.
- Participate in the evaluation of products, procedures, and patient care standards.
- Participate in conferences/workshops in specified health promotion, and education and/or prevention programs as needed; attend and participate in clinic meetings/departmental meetings and other clinic functions as required by the Health Center.
- Accept responsibility for remaining current with healthcare trends and information that impact the medical practice.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
All Health Center staff members have emergency and disaster response responsibilities. Participates in all safety programs which may include assignment to an emergency response team