|Hiring Organization||XPO Logistics|
|Post Name||Forklift Operator|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||USD 19 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77020|
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology, and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits, and more.
- Pay starts at $19.56/hour
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Efficiently sort, handle, load, and unload palletized and non-palletized freight
- Use appropriately motorized and manual equipment, including pallet jack, forklift, and by hand
- Secure freight inside trailers using appropriate tools and supplies
- Work in a safe, efficient manner, adhering to company safety policies
- Use mobile handheld devices to scan and track shipments
- Work on a dock that is not climate-controlled for extended periods of time
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to do basic math calculations, with and without a calculator
- Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, nights, and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Dock/warehouse experience in the transportation industry
- Forklift experience in a freight/less-than-truckload environment
- Experience loading and unloading trailers
- Desire to succeed with strong attention to detail
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 70 lbs. occasionally)
- Sort, handle, load, and unload palletized and non-palletized freight using appropriately motorized and manual equipment, including a pallet jack, forklift, and by hand
- Safely walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat, and kneel as necessary
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills for this job classification.