|Hiring Organization||Magellan Terminals Holdings L.P.|
|Post Name||Terminal Operator|
|Qualification||High School Diploma required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77015|
- Gauges petroleum products transferred to and from tanks, trucks, rail cars, and pipelines.
- Performs valve lineups, switches, es, and tank changes as required to move petroleum products in and out of storage tanks.
- Works diligently and follows all safety requirements to prevent product contamination, and spills and avoid product loss.
- Inputs product information into terminal automation programs, including ATLAS, TopTech, and other systems applications as required.
- Performs tank inspections, make analyses of tank contents and prepare records as required, and make routine daily inspection of facilities.
- Assists drivers and customers, with truck and rail rack operations duties as assigned.
- Maintains location appearance, repair and replace equipment, and maintain the facility in exemplary compliance.
- May perform other general maintenance responsibilities as directed.
- Works in a safe manner, which follows company safety policies and programs.
- Responsible for other projects and assignments as directed.
High School Diploma required. One to three years of experience is preferred, and a college degree is preferred. Basic mathematical ability and understanding are required to successfully perform tank measurements, read gauges, and set up product transfers into and out of tanks. This includes the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide, convert fractions to decimals and vice versa, etc.
Candidate must be able to perform some work at heights and over or around water at marine facility locations. Requires knowledge of refined product characteristics, measurement, and safe handling practices. Must show demonstrated competency in all aspects of operations after 120 days of hire. The position will be filled at a level commensurate with the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
This position is subject to the port security regulations set forth by the Transportation Security Administration and United States Coast Guard. Employment at this facility is contingent upon obtaining a Transportation Worker Identification Credential. More information on this requirement is available at www.tsa.gov/twic.
Drive Company vehicles on occasion to perform duties. Physical demands include: constantly (2/3 or more of the time) hearing, and seeing (acuity, near, far, and depth); frequently (from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time) talking; and occasionally (up to 1/3 of the time) sitting, standing, walking, lifting (up to 50 lbs), carrying, pushing, pulling (up to 50 lbs), climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, handling, fingering, feeling, and wearing personal protective equipment.
Environmental conditions include: frequently working outside and inside; occasional exposure to extreme heat and/or cold hazards as well as petrochemical hazards.
The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in English with co-workers, supervisors, and internal and external customers; the ability to work in stressful conditions; the ability to adapt and respond in changing circumstances; the ability to use a personal computer with the Windows(R) operating system to complete timesheets, send and receive an email, and access information posted on the Company’s intranet; and the ability to work at the assigned job site. Must be willing and able to work rotating shifts, periodic overtime, and on a call-out basis when needed.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Magellan Midstream Holdings GP, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate against applicants due to race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
- High School Grad or Equiv or better.
- College or military experience
Licenses & Certifications Preferred