|Hiring Organization||Vaughn Construction|
|Post Name||General Laborer|
|Qualification||High school education or equivalent preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 18 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77042|
Performs tasks involving physical labor at building construction projects. May operate a variety of hand and power tools. May clean and prepare sites, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, erect scaffolding, clean up rubble and debris and remove waste materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Unload, carry, place, and secure with tie wire concrete reinforcing steel and accessories.
- Manually excavates and fills trenches and ditches.
- Handles and stores materials.
- Placement and finishing of concrete utilizing hand and power tools including troweling machines.
- Preparations for concrete pour including installing embedded items and cleaning.
- Concrete patching, repairing, and rubbing.
- Construct built-in-place or prefabricated wooden forms, according to specs, for molding concrete structures.
- Gate attendant: Man’s entry and egress gates to control the job site.
- Assist in demolishing activities.
- Operate pneumatic hammers, vibrators, and tampers.
- Operate electric-powered tools.
- Signal operators to guide them in moving equipment and provide assistance.
- Operate large powered machinery and equipment.
- Follow safety rules.
Education and Training
- High school education or equivalent preferred.
- 6 months to one year of construction experience.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal and written instructions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Some knowledge of the proper use of equipment, materials, and supplies used in heavy construction work.
- Some knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk, stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
- Ability to understand, follow, and transmit written and oral instructions.
- Ability to meet punctuality and attendance schedule with dependability and consistency.