|Hiring Organization||PeopleReady Skilled Trades|
|Post Name||General Labor|
|Qualification||Years of Experience open education High School or Equivalent, Certification/Diploma Degree|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 14 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77034|
PeopleReady of East Houston, TX is now hiring Port General Laborers! This position performs the essential functions in the confines of the ship’s holds, under cranes, on the dock, in the terminal, on the ship’s weather decks, in warehouses, and any other location as directed by the operational commitments of the company usually under arduous conditions.
Apply today and you could start as soon as tomorrow. No resume or interview required – yep, you read that right.
As a PeopleReady associate you’ll benefit from:
- The freedom to work where you want, when you want, and as often as you want.
- Next-day pay* for many of our open positions.
- The ability to choose long-term positions for steady work or short-term positions if you just want some extra cash.
- The ability to sign up for jobs right from our mobile app, JobStack!
Pay Rate: The pay rate for this job is $14 – $17 / hour
What you’ll be doing as a Port General Laborer :
- The Port Worker is classified as unskilled heavy industrial labor.
- The Port Worker is involved in heavy industrial labor involving the full range of movement, above-average hand high coordination, an acute sense of awareness, and a high degree of mental state at all times.
- Years of Experience open education High School or Equivalent, Certification/Diploma Degree
- Use of basic hand tools.
- Must have TWIC
- Must have excellent communication skills,
- Above average hand-eye coordination.
- Must be able to work in extremely stressful conditions and high-traffic areas.
- Must be able to work in various weather conditions including heat, rain, and wind.
Ready to take control of the way you work?
Complete our application to join the PeopleReady team today. In case you missed it, no resumes or interviews are required!
PeopleReady is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religious affiliation, color, national origin, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by law. We will get to know you and connect you with jobs that match your skills, experience, and preferences. We work hard every single day to find jobs so each employee has opportunity and variety in their work.