|Hiring Organization||Gulf Interstate Engineering Co|
|Post Name||GIS Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
Position Title: GIS Coordinator
Location: Houston, TX
Gulf Companies has served the global energy industry by supporting the complete project lifecycle and developing valued business partnerships to ensure the success of the project. Our worldwide experience and multi-disciplined capabilities encompass all aspects of the Engineering, Procurement, Construction Management, Field Inspection, GIS Integrity, Staffing Services, and more.
The GIS Coordinator will be responsible for supervising a GIS team or teams on specific projects.
- Define and schedule work assignments.
- Assist in interviewing and evaluating new GIS applicants.
- Prepare transmittals, drawing indexes and review drawings being issued for a particular milestone.
- Monitor timesheets.
- Supervise GIS project personnel.
- Coordinate squad check reviews between engineering, design, and GIS departments
- Provide guidance and input into GIS department processes and workflows.
- 10 – 15 years of experience in GIS and/or design/drafting.
- Knowledge of GIS systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Prior supervisory experience in a GIS and/or design/drafting environment.
- Knowledge of computer systems in an engineering environment.
- Associate degree or certification from a technical trade school or equivalent experience
- BS Degree preferred
- Detail oriented
- Customer focused
- Strong interpersonal skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.