Corporate Strategy Analyst
|Hiring Organization||Cornerstone Building Brands|
|Post Name||Corporate Strategy Analyst|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree; MBA could be a plus.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 7000 To USD 10000 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77040|
Our commitment to Diversity, Equality, and Inclusion
Cornerstone Building Brands is deeply committed to building a workplace and global community where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized, providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and team members.
The Strategy & Business Development team at Cornerstone Building Brands is looking to add a talented candidate who demonstrates the ability to bring creative thinking and problem-solving skills to complex issues.
The Strategy Analyst is responsible for providing support to the corporate strategy team by identifying, evaluating, and monitoring new opportunities that strategically optimize or grow the business. Assessments and insights provided by this position inform and influence an investment decision.
The role includes framing, analyzing internal and external sources of information, building and/or vetting economic and financial models, and translating that information into actionable and sound business decisions.
This position reports to the Director, Market Intelligence & Business Strategy. This presents a unique opportunity to join a market leader pursuing a growth strategy and to be part of a team at the center of developing and executing that pivot.
Our team’s success is driven by:
- Diversity of thought combined with collaboration
- Asking the questions others are not
- Drifting through the noise to identify and focus on what matters
- Being decisive using the best information we have, then continuing to drive deeper understanding
- Clear, persuasive communication
- Guiding others to successful outcomes in their businesses
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Comfort in an unstructured environment
- Proactive problem-solving
- Ability to digest & synthesize complex issues
- Data-driven decision making
- Ability to identify & prioritize competing priorities
While there is no “usual day’ in this role, time & activity can be thought of in 3 buckets:
Market Intelligence (30-50%)
This role builds and maintains “one source of the truth” for the organization on market opportunity, positioning, and forecast expectations through:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key internal customers and external experts to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
- Creating and updating comprehensive industry, competitor, and customer models including, but not limited to market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
- Performing thorough, systematic analysis of key industry trends; the general social economic, and political environment; legal and regulatory issues; customers; current and potential competitors.
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leveraging them across the company where appropriate.
- Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation, and financial modeling and analysis.
- Profiling the market and competitive environment, providing insights that support recommendations on strategic decision-making to senior leadership.
- This role will have ~quarterly internal reporting responsibilities to provide guidance on market forecast expectations and shifts in market share
Strategy Projects (20-35%)
This role will support the organization through leading/participating in a range of strategy engagements, including:
- Market landscaping and segmentation
- Competitor profiling and acquisition target prioritization
- Capability assessment and blueprint development
Strategy Development (20-35%)
Working with the strategy team and BU partners to evaluate where and how to play in the market through:
- Supplying the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively making recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
- Working with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence to ensure that appropriate communication channels are maintained.
- Evaluation of both the data of the company itself as well as data from competitors and others in the industry, in order to discover ways to improve their own company’s market position.
- Evaluating the company’s position in the market through different scenarios and making recommendations for how we build our portfolio
- Ad hoc strategy assistance to the BU’s
- 1-3 years of experience in a management consulting or corporate strategy role.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA could be a plus.
- Strong customer focus and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadline constraints.
- Strong analytical and influencing skills with excellent attention to detail and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and adapting to changing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and oral, with a proven ability to present information clearly, succinctly, and effectively.