|Hiring Organization||Axiom Space|
|Post Name||Graphic Designer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or a similar field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 3000 To USD 4500 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
Axiom Space is the commercial leader in human spaceflight and on-orbit research & manufacturing services, steered by a team of experts and guided by the vision of a thriving home in space that benefits every human, everywhere.
Axiom provides unprecedented access to the International Space Station today while building and operating its successor – the world’s first international commercial space station – to improve life on Earth and foster possibilities beyond it.
Our mission-driven team is seeking a bold and dynamic Graphic Designer who is preoccupied with big questions: Where do we go from here? What are the limits of innovation and exploration? How do we continue to evolve as a species?
The Graphic Designer is a dedicated resource functioning within the Marketing team and will be responsible for designing and or coordinating the development and design of a wide range of digital and or printed graphic materials.
This will involve a variety of integrated steps and processes, requiring extensive knowledge of specialized, multi-faceted design concepts and media. This role creates complex original graphic designs, and comprehensive layout concepts by overseeing the production of materials.
Note: Proof of COVID – 19 vaccination status (vaccination card) will be required for employment otherwise a request for medical or religious accommodation is necessary
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualizes, plans, designs, and produces a wide range of specialized graphic and illustrative material.
- Works with internal teams to ascertain needs and develop graphic directions, concepts, and specifications for assigned projects.
- Plans production schedules for the various steps in the design process; analyzes project development costs and develops project budgets and workflow for multiple concurrent projects; participates in production and/or marketing planning group sessions and meetings.
- Identifies, selects, and coordinates vendors for printing and publication services, as appropriate to the project; may write and process requests for proposals for printing requisitions; identifies and communicates with preferred contractors, such as printers, illustrators, and photographers.
- Provides creative and technical advice and guidance, and serves as liaison with production personnel, authors, publishers, clients, and/or printing representatives on permission information, design, and technical graphics issues.
- Oversees and coordinates the production process; develops and writes printing and/or other production specifications, and selects appropriate production media and materials, such as ink and paper; inspects proofs for accuracy and adherence to appropriate production standards.
- Oversees and coordinates graphic library and maintains digital records.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, advertising, communications, public relations, or a similar field.
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design, publishing of high-profile brands, marketing, advertising, or equivalent professional function.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, XD)
- Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
Work Environment: Generally, an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on the task.
- Must be able to complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which the position is advertised.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or US Permanent Residency is a requirement for this position.
- Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of the time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs. (5% of the time).
- Equipment and Machines
- Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; able to juggle, prioritize, and keep track of multiple tasks and projects.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently with minimal supervision, and make and communicate the rationale behind key decisions in a constantly evolving fast-paced work environment.
- Strong project and time management skills with a high level of intuition and judgment.
- Must have a “can do” attitude – no job is too big or small, problem solver.
- Ability to take on ownership of projects ad hoc and drive them from beginning to end.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and proactive; creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements.
- Self-assured and energetic self-starter; proactive about learning and motivated to take on additional responsibilities over time.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to integrate quickly into a small team and represent the company with integrity.
- Professional, confident, driven, and dynamic.
- Passionate about creating an inclusive workplace where people from different backgrounds can succeed.
- Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity
- Communications – Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Cost Consciousness – Works within approved budget; develops and implements cost-saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources
- Teamwork – Eager and able to work in a collaborative and cross-disciplinary fashion in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment
Axiom Space is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. Axiom Space does not discriminate on the basis of race, regional color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.