|Hiring Organization||Halliburton North Belt Campus|
|Post Name||Paralegal Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77032|
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunities of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
A paralegal manager for Halliburton’s Litigation Group works closely with our in-house attorneys to manage the progress and development of lawsuits and disputes, with a focus on managing the paralegal function and personnel, e-Discovery, and the progress of various legal matters.
A paralegal manager will handle a claim or lawsuit from beginning to disposition, communicating with outside counsel, employees, and other personnel, as casework requires. This individual must be self-motivated, and proactive and be able to work well under pressure and at a high volume.
A qualified candidate would have management and litigation experience working in the energy sector and have a substantive understanding of various types of litigation and disputes.
- Under general supervision manages the paralegal function and personnel, including case assignments and support
- Acts as a focal-point contact with Chief Litigation Counsel and his or her legal assistant for initial claims and lawsuits
- Manages processes to improve efficiencies and increase productivity for the paralegal function
- Manages paralegal training in processes and systems, including knowledge-sharing and support
- Manages a high-level caseload in various types of litigation, including international
- Substantive knowledge of litigation, legal research, and investigations
- Ability to manage discovery–specifically eDiscovery–from beginning to end, in all types of cases
- Knowledge of data preservation and legal holds
- Knowledge of data collection/review
- Ability to effectively communicate with the business, crews, attorneys, and other personnel both verbally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, management, and business partners
- Assists Chief Litigation Counsel in preparing quarterly reports
- Requires completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related discipline and a minimum work experience of 8 years of experience in a corporate legal department.
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available from Sr Legal Systems Administrator to Manager, Legal Administration. Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.