Assistant Director-Revenue Cycle Operations (Outpatient)
|Hiring Organization||NYU Langone Health|
|Post Name||Assistant Director-Revenue Cycle Operations (Outpatient)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8000 To USD 9000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10016|
ABOUT NYU LANGONE HEALTH
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including six inpatient locations, a children’s hospital, three emergency rooms, and a level 1 trauma center.
Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Director-Revenue Cycle Operations. In this role, the successful candidate Assists the Director in overall strategic planning, organization, and process improvement of the NYU Langone Health System Billing Department.
Responsible for performing analysis of government billing operations for decision-making purposes. Planning performance improvement initiatives for billing processes to increase claim efficiencies and lower denials. Additional duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Director include, but are not limited to:
- Personnel management
- Billing and collections management,
- Policies and procedures development,
- Ensuring optimal customer relations,
- Maximizing A/R collections
To qualify you must have 3-5 years of working experience in the managerial role of a Financial Services department, familiarity with Microsoft Office Products, as well as have demonstrated critical thinking and technical analysis skills.
- Strategic planning, integration, and alignment of billing processes and workflows across the Health System;
- Performs other duties as assigned;
- Works independently take initiative, and thinks critically;
- Assists with providing constructive feedback and developing training tools;
- Works collaboratively with a variety of departments within NYULMC and NYULMC contracted payers and vendors;
- Ensures cash optimization and accounts receivable reduction activity is functioning to the fullest capability;
- Reports any discrepancies or inconsistencies in data and/or reports to management timely;
- Maintains data integrity when manipulating data files for purposes of analysis to ensure data does not become corrupted through conscientious use of tools and a system of checks and balances;
- Validates all data and reports for accuracy and quality prior to distribution;
- Executes data mining and in-depth accounts receivable analysis;
- Responds to standard and ad-hoc financial analysis requested by management timely;
- Ensures that department and vendors are maximizing reimbursement to efficiently lower A/R, and speed up revenue cycle;
- Performs detailed analysis regarding revenue cycle and accounts receivable issues and presents analysis to appropriate managers and administration on a weekly and monthly basis through various report mechanisms utilizing various systems;
- Collects/analyzes payer data to determine denial, underpayment, overpayment, and appeal trends for further review;
- Develops target performance measures and holds Managers responsible for achieving targets;
- Develops and enhances tracking mechanisms to keep track of accounts as they flow through billing protocols;
- Responds to, addresses, and analyzes government billing edits, audit requests, and other claim-related requests for information this could include Medicare Additional Development Requests (ADRs), claims Returned to Provider (RTPs), Medicaid pharmaceutical invoice requests, and CMS audits;
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organization’s Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties;
- Represents the Director in meetings if requested;
- Work collaboratively with a variety of departments within NYULMC and NYULMC contracted payers and vendors;
- Ensure cash optimization and accounts receivable reduction activity is functioning to the fullest capability;
- Report and analyze eligibility, authorization, billing, and claims processing inaccuracies to assist with implementing upstream solutions;
- Plan and organize performance improvement initiatives to increase claim billing efficiencies and lower denials;
- To qualify you must have a bachelor’s Degree in healthcare related field,
- Accounting/Finance, or a related field. Thorough understanding of reimbursement systems, and process improvement methodologies.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. Proactively support quality and performance improvement efforts within the organization and proactively contribute to meeting team goals.
- A high level of analytical skills and dynamic communication skills (verbal and written) are required. Microsoft Excel and Word familiarity required.
- Master’s degree in business administration or healthcare administration or related field. Skilled in data extraction, manipulation, and analysis is preferred.
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you’ll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, or transgender status.
Gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.