Healthcare Investment Team Privates Director
|Hiring Organization||Marathon Asset Management, LP|
|Post Name||Healthcare Investment Team Privates Director|
|Qualification||MBA/JD/MD/Ph.D. is helpful but not necessary.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 9000 To USD 12000 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
Marathon Asset Management is a global credit manager with approximately $23 billion in assets under management. Our platform is well-established with a 20+ year track record of strong returns through investments in the global credit and real estate-related markets.
We are currently looking for a Director or Managing Director to join our Healthcare Finance team, which transacts in privately negotiated deals. We predominantly target FDA-approved biopharmaceuticals and to a lesser degree medical devices.
We invest throughout the capital structure with foci in credit, royalties, convertible debt, preferred equity, and equity-linked investments. The candidate will be a key member of the team and the position provides an exceptional opportunity for individuals interested in healthcare investing with a medium-long term outlook.
- The main responsibility is the origination of transactions suitable to the investment parameters of Marathon’s private healthcare financing business.
- Attend company management meetings and investment/medical conferences.
- Participate in the investment process including deal vetting and closing.
- Participate in due diligence calls with physicians, life science consultants, management teams, and attorneys.
- Assist in designing investment structures to meet investment goals and minimize risk.
- Oversee production of internal memos for the Investment Committee
- MBA/JD/MD/Ph.D. is helpful but not necessary.
- >8 years of healthcare investment banking/consulting/investing/leverage finance or pharma business development necessary.
- The candidate should have a broad and deep Rolodex of potential counterparty executives – background and ability to source deals through conversations with senior-level management at biopharma companies.
- Deal experience is necessary with a deal sheet of closed deals.
- Experience in leading a transaction from origination through close.
- The ability to understand complex financial topics and a solid background in healthcare is required.
- Understanding of corporate finance.
- Strong work ethic, commitment to excellence, and motivation to learn and hone his/her investment skill set.
- Self-starter attitude.
- Organized, attention to detail with the ability to multitask.
- The candidate should be a team player who is willing to embrace a collaborative firm culture.