DIRECTOR OF SECURITY
|Hiring Organization||Thompson Dallas|
|Post Name||DIRECTOR OF SECURITY|
|Qualification||Degree from an accredited university. Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75201|
Join us for this incredible opportunity to be part of our Team as Director of Security at Thompson Dallas conveniently located in downtown Dallas, by the Akard Street stop of the DART train. Not only will you be part of a rock-start team, but you will also get to be part of a company that earned the 16th spot on Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work for!
Thompson Dallas is a luxury hotel located within The National, Dallas’ newest urban luxury mixed-use project. Essentials include 219 rooms with 52 suites; three full-service offerings for dining and drink; a boutique spa and fitness experience focused on wellness, and a variety of spaces for events, including the 14,000-square-foot National Ballroom.
Thompson Dallas is part of the boundless Hyatt Hotels Corporation portfolio. It has a stunning mid-century modern hexagon design that rises above the Dallas Skyline and brings guests and the community together through an inspired tribute to history, design, and culture.
The Director of Security is responsible for the oversight of the safety and security of the hotel. This person will respond to guest and employee emergencies, complete incident reports, and oversee investigations related to safety and security within the hotel.
In addition, this role will be required to oversee staff hiring and training, inter-department communications, and staff scheduling. This position is operational and requires constantly moving and walking throughout the property. Hospitality experience is required.
- Responsible for responding to guest and employee emergencies
- Completing incident reports and investigations related to guest safety and security
- Providing basic first aid and emergency mitigation for guests and colleagues
- Creating and implementing safety and security protocols and procedures for the hotel
- Distribution, communication, and training of all procedures as well as key security topics
- Managing staff-related items for security personnel, including hiring, training, scheduling, and coaching
- Participation in all risk and safety audits within the hotel
- Regular monitoring/walking of hotel premises
- Managing all security needs for VIP guests and/or their arrivals on property
- Maintain outstanding customer service in all interactions with guests and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds.
- 2+ years or more of progressive hotel/hospitality Security Management experience at a luxury hotel
- Service-oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Degree from an accredited university. Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service, and ability to act in emergency situations
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English