|Hiring Organization||OQ Specialty Chemicals|
|Post Name||Regional Planner|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
OQ Chemicals Company Overview |World leader in Oxo Chemicals
Oxo products are the core competency of OQ Chemicals. We are producing more than 70 oxo intermediates and oxo derivatives for customers in a wide range of industries with various end-market applications. Our chemicals are important ingredients in products that are used in daily life around the world. “We” refers to more than 1,400 OQ Chemicals employees worldwide. At our plants in Germany, the USA, China, and the Netherlands, we produce intermediates and derivatives.
Production planning and distribution/resupply planning within a zero to four-month time frame. This position interfaces with the Global Planner and the Global Marketing & Sales force and requires daily contact with other Regional Planners internationally in the development and execution of the Sales and Operations Plan (S&OP).
The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies, as well as, policies, guidelines, and international standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, and HSE standards.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- S&OP process
- Supply / Demand balances
- Develops the production plan
- Develops the terminal supply
- Executes exchanges with co-producers
- Inventory control
- Maintains SAP PR3 MRP data for supply and inventory
- Create STOs, planned orders
- Product ATP release
- Allocation release
- Regular inventory reconciliation (balances)
- Plans intra-region distribution network and can reassign optimal ship points for customers and terminals for both OQ and 3rd party vendor locations if requested
- Resupply communications with the EU
- Scheduling or booking of drumming
- Monitor sales vs. forecast (warning system)
- Vessel nominations are tentative and firm
- Lead the key commercial target setting and deliverables for the assigned Assets market and planning and optimization activities on Strategic (5+ yr.), Business Planning (5 yr.), Budget (1 yr.), and monthly rolling horizon;
- Proposing the feedstock allocation, intermediates transfer, and market allocation between the assigned international assets;
- Ensure optimum plans for the assigned international assets including raw material detailed scheduling
- Supports the shipping of hydrocarbon products by expediting cross-border forwarding processes.
- Drive improvements based on performance reviews and backcasting.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Notable Working Conditions: Office environment, intensive computer screen use, sporadic visits to the operation site.
- Bachelor in a related field
Background and Experience:
- SAP Knowledge
- 3 years experience required / 5+ years experience desired
- Downstream and specialty chemicals business management
- Hydrocarbon and OXO-Chemicals value chain management
- Results Oriented – Demonstrated ability to work in a fast pace environment
Competencies and Skills:
- Has the ability to learn and develop new skills quickly to adapt to change
- Planning/optimization and performance management
- Lead others by example
- COMMUNICATION: Negotiation | Persuasive Communicate at various corporate levels | Ability to work across different functions | Deal with diversity and multicultural cultural background
- Strong work ethic
- Able to build strong relationships and networks with terminals and other service providers
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong organizational skills – organizes daily work such that daily tasks and projects are completed on time
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applied advanced problem-solving skills
All individuals are invited to participate regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, marital status, religion, disability or veteran status, and any other criterion prescribed by law.
Check Out Our Benefits
- Excellent Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Plans
- Health Equity Health Fund for health and dependent care
- Disability Benefits
- Basic Group Term Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance
- Paid Time Off for a balanced life
- Competitive salary, bonus, 401(k) plan with match and profit-sharing match