|Post Name||Junior Accountant|
|Qualification||High School Diploma or Equivalent required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77032|
The Junior Accountant will be responsible for Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, including payment reconciliation and collections of aged accounts.
The incumbent will be accountable for the following functions and responsibilities:
- Accounts Payable:
- Creating and maintaining new and existing vendor master files, including the request and review of all vendor forms W-4.
- Perform a three-way match of purchase orders, receipts, and invoices.
- Obtain appropriate approvals for invoices as per the Delegation of the Authority.
- Process all vendor payments.
- Monitor, pay, and reconcile company credit card accounts.
- Support monthly and annual close processes
- Accounts Receivable:
- Work with Operations and Sales to ensure accurate customer pricing.
- Monitor freight charges and ensures re-charged to the customer when applicable.
- Submit invoices to customers via mail, email, or customer portal.
- Prepare monthly statements and submit them to customers.
- Perform collections activities for delinquent accounts.
- Apply for customer payments as received.
- Answer all vendor inquiries.
- Check/respond to AP emails in a timely manner.
- Distribute signed checks as required.
- Attach check stubs to the invoice and file accordingly.
- Assist corporate financial offices and other accounting personnel as needed.
- Perform copying, scanning, and filing functions daily.
- Answer phones and assist guests at the front desk, when necessary.
- Responsible for maintaining an open communication line with all employees, customers, and vendors, while maintaining proper confidentiality, to ensure proper handling of all accounting issues that may arise.
- Interacts with other employees in a polite, courteous, and productive manner.
- Responsible for adhering to established “Work Rules.”
- Responsible for maintaining a neat, clean, and orderly work area.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by the supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
The incumbent must at a minimum possess the following:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent required.
- Experience in accounting, finance, or another relevant field is required.
- An Associate degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in an A/P, A/R, or general accounting role.
- Advanced skill level in the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically in Excel.
- Experience with ERP is preferred.
- Ability to liaise professionally with team members, and customers, current or potential.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks and timelines in a fluid environment, bearing high levels of responsibility and accountability while keeping the best interests of the business in sight. Attention to detail, ability to deliver quality reports, ability to prioritize, and work independently with little supervision or as a team.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public. Ability to speak, read, and write in the English Language fluently. Have advanced communication skills, both verbal and written, especially in business writing.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The ability to learn, process thoughts, apply knowledge, analyze and reason, evaluate and make appropriate decisions to achieve business goals, and solve problems with a certain degree of creativity and latitude. Strong analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest standard of personal conduct in performing all duties and the ability to work well with all levels of employees or customers while being service oriented and having a friendly demeanor.
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining high standards of accuracy, ensuring compliance with company and other applicable policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet and professional manner, protecting the organization’s value.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Able to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Possess excellent organization and time management skills.
- Flexibility to adjust to work routines, as required, to meet the needs of the company.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk/travel to drilling sites while wearing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment when required (i.e., safety glasses or side shields, closed-toe shoes, steel-toe footwear, etc.); sit and/or stand for long periods of time; 8-9 hours a day, lift a minimum of fifteen (15) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.