|Hiring Organization||The Mission Continues|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
At The Mission Continues, we empower veterans to continue their service and empower communities with veteran talent, skills, and preparedness to generate visible impact. We’re investing in veterans, equipping them with the tools and resources to lead a growing veteran volunteer movement.
Through networks, training, and pathways, veterans can continue to serve while creating a meaningful impact in under-resourced communities.
The National Events Manager is an integral part of The Mission Continues team. Reporting to the Director, of National Events, this position will support the successful planning and execution of virtual and in-person events, work across multiple departments, and interact with senior leadership, program participants, guest speakers, volunteers, and vendors.
Our events are the most high-profile expression of our brand—and this role is essential to ensuring impactful experiences for our program participants, volunteers, and team.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Manage deadlines and deliverables to ensure timely follow-up and communication of all logistics, vendors, participants, speakers, and internal team schedules
- Coordinate travel accommodations, flights, ground transportation, itineraries, reimbursements, and all related correspondence and paperwork
- Maintain events database, research vendors and venues, establish working relationships and create RFPs and quote comparison sheets for food and beverage, connection activity, equipment rental, travel, transportation, and audio-visual needs in a timely manner
- Collaborate with Program and L&D Managers to conduct speaker calls to ensure seamless facilitation of in-person and virtual event sessions
- Manage and organize National Events inventory as well as shipping, receiving, asset collection, and printing of program collateral and materials
- Draft internal and external departmental communication and update the schedule of events on shared calendars
- Premium Items/TMC store: maintain access/approval list, coordinate special orders, manage customer-owned inventory (TMC blue shirts), and ideate monthly promotions
- Collaborate with National Events Director to ensure event accessibility and accommodation for all audiences as needed and deliver consistent, high-level participant experience in alignment with The Mission Continues brand.
- Train and manage volunteers on event roles, responsibilities, and procedures
- Perform event-related administration (nametags, seating cards, gift bags, etc.) and reporting including tracking event registration, program participants and guest lists, internal status, and meeting updates, event metrics, invoice tracking, etc., and additional duties, as required
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ of experience in planning and executing a variety of successful events (both in-person and virtual).
- Project management skills developed through experience managing calendars, deadlines, and deliverables, paying strict attention to details in a fast-past environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) and an ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with different audiences from senior leadership to vendors.
- Experience with the relevant event and meetings platforms and software, including virtual presentation and event tools (Zoom), and project management and collaboration tools (MS Teams) to work cross-functionally, produce events, and track key metrics.
- Demonstrate creativity, critical thinking, and ability to prioritize and problem solve when event situations, environments, and timelines change.
- Strong ability to work proactively and independently as tasks are given and the scope of work expands
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required
- Familiarity with Salesforce CRM
Must be flexible and able to work early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays as required as well as extended work days and/or travel up to 25% to various locations around the country. Multi-day and/or weekend travel will be required for in-person events, which occur approximately 10-12 times a year. There may be long days for virtual programming continuing into the evening hours as well as on weekends. Flex time is available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to speak or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, and handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is constantly required to stand; walk; sit, lift and carry objects as well as reach with hands and arms.
Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. A valid driver’s license is required. If you require a reasonable accommodation in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to Caitlin Zbikowski, Manager of Talent Acquisition & Onboarding at email@example.com.
If the above speaks to you, we’re excited to learn more about you! The Mission Continues recognizes that diverse employees, veterans, and supporters are critical to our workforce and mission.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all team members are valued and have the opportunity to reach their full potential. We want a team that reflects our diversity so that we can approach every mission full-time with integrity, compassion, and authenticity.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Mission Continues offers exceptional medical, dental, vision, life, and long-term disability benefits for all team members. In addition to these benefits, full-time staff members will have the opportunity to work from home once a week and you are 100% vested after your first year. All successful candidates for this position will be required to submit to a criminal background check.