Business Operations Lead
|Post Name||Business Operations Lead|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10003|
About the company
Valon’s mission is to champion homeowners on their financial journey as the partner they can trust with their home and future. We bring simplicity, dependability, and humanity to homeownership.
We are a growing team of engineers, operators, product enthusiasts, and experienced servicing professionals who are leveraging technology to fundamentally improve the homeownership experience. Through mortgage servicing, the process of paying off one’s mortgage, Valon is taking the first step in transforming the industry one homeowner, and lender, at a time.
Business Operations at Valon
The Business Operations team streamlines the day-to-day management and strategic planning of Valon’s business, operations, and finances. They work closely with cross-functional teams like Product, Engineering, and Servicing to drive efficiency and scale our lending business.
As a member of this team, you will use your analytical skills to advance operational excellence across our business and fulfill Valon’s mission of creating a great user experience for homeowners.
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced generalist and people manager who can manage multiple product areas on the BizOps team. This person will drive Valon’s business and operational strategy, set company goals, and ensure we are making progress towards our goals.
The right candidate is both analytical and data-savvy, as well as operational and able to drive operational excellence in our business. They enjoy tackling complex problems without frequent guidance (you are an owner!) and have the process-oriented thinking required to tackle the operationally complex challenges our business faces.
- Act as the BizOps owner for multiple product areas, including managing a team of effective BizOps teammates working on these verticals
- Aid in the performance management and growth trajectories of your direct reports
- Own the business strategy and success measurements for your product areas
- Build new processes and optimize existing processes for your product areas
- Work with the servicing operations team to ensure that servicing operations run smoothly and efficiently
- Contribute to company strategy by determining, analyzing, and tracking relevant business KPIs
- Translate high-level strategy into day-to-day operations
- Review and collaborate with the Engineering/Product teams to provide product feedback and quality control
- Partner with vendors and external clients to expand business operations
- Cultivate a deep understanding of the mortgage servicing industry
- 6+ years of total work experience with 2+ in either strategic finance or business operations at a high-growth startup, private equity, investment banking, or management consulting firm
- Prior experience managing and building a team of high-performing individual contributors
- Strong communicator, emphasis on both written and verbal
- Able to work cross-functionally between engineering and operations
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong interest in technology
- Proficient in Excel/Google Sheets and SQL
- Looker experience preferred
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance plans
- Flexible sick days and vacation days
- Monthly lunch stipends (groceries qualify!)
- Commuter benefits
- MacBook, custom accessories, ergonomic equipment
- Support for H1B, TN, and E-3 Visa change of employer transfers
Throughout the interview process, please remember that emails will only be from valon.com emails. We won’t ever be asking for any personally identifiable information during the interview process itself. Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any requests to verify the authenticity of an outreach.
Valon is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Valon makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.