Social Media Coordinator
|Hiring Organization||Lincoln Park Zoo|
|Post Name||Social Media Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 43000 Per Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60614|
The Social Media Coordinator supports the zoo’s storytelling by publishing on various social channels (TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube) and utilizing tactics such as Facebook Live, Instagram Stories, and more.
The Social Media Coordinator will play a crucial role in supporting the zoo’s social strategy as the social media “voice of the zoo,” writing and producing innovative content for target audiences and increasing engagement for mission-based stories with an emphasis on video. This role reports to the Digital & Social Media Manager and works closely with the Video Creator/Editor, marketing team, and other area experts across the zoo.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Moderating social channels and responding to questions and comments from the public; as needed, working with Digital & Social Media managers and area experts to respond to concerns or tough questions posed publicly
- Assisting with content creation on the zoo’s main social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube), maintaining adherence to the zoo style guide, channel strategy, and voice
- Realtime event social media coverage as needed
- Brainstorming and developing new concepts or opportunities for social engagement
- Proactively seeking, scoping, proposing, and executing storytelling opportunities across social channels with oversight from the Digital & Social Media Manager
- Occasional filming assistance and social-first video editing alongside the zoo’s Video Creator/Editor and Digital & Social Media Manager
- Assist in social media reporting and tracking
- Interacting with internal and external audiences via telephone, e-mail, and in person
- Supporting internal and external partners with social media posts or reviews
- Aiding day-to-day operational needs of the communications department including but not limited to additional content writing, department support, event assistance, and office administration tasks
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience through previous internship/job in the fields of social media, digital media, public relations, communications, marketing, and/or videography/photography.
- Superior writing skills
- Ability to shoot social-first videos and photos using mobile equipment
- Highly-motivated self-starter capable of independent work as well as team projects
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Suite, and Adobe Suite, knowledge of additional editing software a plus
- Ability to meet deadlines and be organized
- 1-3 years of experience in public relations, social media, content, or a related field. Writing and photo/video experience required.
- Consistently demonstrate professional work ethic and demeanor
- Available to work full-time with a flexible schedule that may include nights and/or weekends based on zoo needs. The exact schedule may change seasonally and will be in collaboration between the Social Media Coordinator and Digital & Social Media Manager to ensure social media coverage.
- Candidates must include at least one writing and one video sample/link with their applications to be considered. Video does not need to be fully produced; an example of rough editing, an Instagram story, or TikTok may be submitted.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time while viewing a computer monitor
- Ability to work in an open office environment
- Ability to stand and walk on zoo grounds for several hours at a time
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination
Lincoln Park Zoo is committed to an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. We celebrate the diverse qualities, perspectives, values, and experiences of all people. For Wildlife. For All.