|Hiring Organization||The Art Institute of Chicago|
|Post Name||Hospitality Representative|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60603|
The Art Institute of Chicago shares its singular collections with our city and the world. We collect, care for, and interpret works of art across time, cultures, geographies, and identities, centering the vision of artists and makers.
We recognize that all art is made in a particular context, demanding continual, dynamic reconsideration in the present. We are a place of gathering; we foster the exchange of ideas and inspire an expansive, inclusive understanding of human creativity.
Serve as a hospitality ambassador of the Museum, creating a friendly, welcoming environment and consistently providing exceptional service to all guests while supporting exhibitions, events, and other responsibilities that enhance the guest experience.
- Provides a warm, welcoming greeting, is friendly and approachable, and resolves conflict in a professional and courteous manner.
- Effectively and accurately provides information to guests regarding museum policies, exhibits, collections, special events, and programs.
- Assists with guest wayfinding, museum/gallery capacity management, directing guests throughout the museum, and other responsibilities as needed. Provides coverage for special events and programs outside of normal museum operating hours as needed.
- Provides support by conducting daily walkthroughs of galleries and other public areas to assist in identifying and executing improvements to enhance the guest experience.
- Operates virtual queuing software, helping to manage visitor capacity in certain exhibits and ensuring a smooth experience for guests.
- Must participate in and reinforce an enjoyable and inclusive work environment and team culture with colleagues.
- Takes initiative to assist other MVE colleagues as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
An equivalent amount of training, education, and experience will be considered
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience is required. Experience in hospitality or tourist attractions preferred. Must enjoy working with the public.
- Must have a basic knowledge of customer service best practices and possess excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate with visitors, peers, and management.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules, including weekends, holidays, and before or after hours as needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and interface effectively with visitors in both conveying information and listening to questions/concerns.
- Ability to make objective decisions using sound judgment.
- Be well-organized and thorough with close attention to detail and follow-through.
- General mobility, including frequent movement throughout the museum, including kneeling, bending, and lifting up to thirty pounds.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive benefits package:
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays (up to 14 days)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Generous parental, caregiver, and medical leave benefits
- Competitive retirement plan (up to 9% matching contribution)
- Tuition remission and Tuition Exchange Program
- Great employee discounts
- Complimentary general admission to participating cultural institutions
Want to stay abreast of the latest job openings at the Art Institute and the School of the Art Institute? Sign up for our Employment Opportunities E-announcements.