Events Sales Manager
|Hiring Organization||InterContinental Dubai – Festival City, an IHG Hotel|
|Post Name||Events Sales Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 5000 To AED 7000 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to join Intercontinental Dubai Marina as Events Sales manager.
InterContinental Dubai Marina is a Five Star luxury hotel in the heart of Dubai Marina with 328 rooms and residence suites, flexible event space, and restaurants & bars. With over 30 languages and countries represented by the staff, the hotel weaves together an international five-star presence.
Your day to day
The challenging role will source and develop new business for the hotel by organizing various events for our guests guided by the Director of Sales.
The Key responsibility of the role include:
- Actively promote and sell the restaurants and the meeting rooms at InterContinental Dubai Marina
- Implement and organize sales activities to increase business in the F&B outlets and meeting rooms targeting different segments (corporate, social events, others)
- Effectively manage a network of accounts to identify and develop new business opportunities and collaborations with luxury brands and organizations.
- Manage guest expectations and deliver excellent services.
- Monitor competitor activities, and market, and global trends with a curious approach to proactively facilitate the introduction of new initiatives
- Engage and closely liaise with the F&B and events operation team ensuring that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other departments, and ensuring accuracy
- Proactively review and evaluate existing processes, identifying and implementing new and innovative ways of working, ensuring maximum efficiency and effectiveness at all times
What we need from you
- Previous experience in events and/or F&B
- Demonstrate excellent presentation, negotiation, and communication skills with customers and other hotel departments
- An excellent team player who works well with different stakeholders to ensure the success of the hotel
- Committed to self-learning and development of the team members.
- Accountable and always positive in exploring alternatives and opportunities for better performance.
- Proactive, confident, and reliable
- Flexibility to respond effectively to changes in the business.
- Strong analytical skills to understand key business indicators, and competitive trends and develop strategies.
- Confidence in working towards agreed goals and achieving targets
- the ability to work under pressure, manage your time effectively and work on your own initiative
What we offer
In return, we’ll give you a competitive financial and benefits package and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we’ll give you Room to be yourself. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Don’t quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you’d be a great fit for the job? We’ll never know unless you hit the ‘Apply’ button. Start your journey with us today and let’s #GoFurtherTogether.