HOUSEPERSON / PUBLIC AREA ATTENDANT
|Hiring Organization||Park Hyatt Toronto|
|Post Name||HOUSEPERSON / PUBLIC AREA ATTENDANT|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 28 To CAD 33 Per Hour|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5R 2E8|
find your place at park Hyatt Toronto: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people, so they can be their best.
Be part of the team bringing in a new era of a Toronto legacy hotel. Recently renovated with striking architecture, art, and bespoke culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Toronto offers sophisticated, approachable luxury with distinct character highlighting our Yorkville location.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS of WORKING AT THE park Hyatt Toronto?
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Extended Health and Dental medical benefits for you and your dependents 30 days after joining
- Tuition reimbursement program
About the Role – Houseperson/ Public Area Attendant
The House person is responsible for performing a variety of activities to ensure sanitary, safe, and attractive conditions in public and service areas of the hotel. If you are dynamic individual learning to love and with a knack for details, this job is for you!
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Maintain positive internal and external relationships and communicate with internal colleagues to advise of guest service needs and items that require maintenance, issues, or concerns in a prompt, proactive manner as appropriate.
- Ensure compliance with all hotel policies, standards, procedures, and practices.
- Maintain, clean, and restore the public, the heart of the house, and other assigned work areas within the hotel and its surroundings to impeccable standards. With genuine care, attention and detail, using approved hotel products and equipment.
- Provide waste removal, storeroom maintenance, and janitorial duties specific to special cleaning projects.
- Prioritize and respond to all guests and internal requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respect environmental guidelines.
- Actively demonstrate teamwork, safe work practices, open communication, accuracy in transactions, respect, sincerity, helpfulness, courtesy, and humility.
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, washrooms, and foyers.
- Keep outside parking lots clean and free of debris.
- Snow shoveling may be required in winter.
- Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by the supervisor.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
- Warm and caring personality; previous housekeeping experience is an asset
- Ability to anticipate and focus attention on guest needs, being professional and welcoming
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Previous housekeeping experience as an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Flexible working hours, including weekends and evenings, and holidays
Your team and working environment:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Constant walking & standing
- Frequent lifting, crouching/bending/stooping/kneeling
- Occasional ascending or descending stairs and ramps; pushing and pulling
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, listening and hearing ability, and visual acuity
All Candidates must be in possession of identification proving authorization to work in Canada. This Position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas. Resumes submitted that cannot fulfill these requirements will not be considered.