|Hiring Organization||Pella Windows & Doors of Plano|
|Post Name||HR Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human resources or a business-related field required; 5-7+ years of related experience plus 3+ years experience in a leadership role in human resources, manufacturing, or another business function required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75093|
Who Is Pella Corporation?
In the small Dutch Community of Pella, Pete and Lucille Kuyper invested in a new invention – a window screen that rolled up and down like a shade. The couple went on to found a company based on the principles of traditional American values, integrity, and the desire to enrich the homes and lives of our customers.
Today, Pella Corporation is still privately owned and continues to be a leader in technology and product innovation. In fact, they’ve been awarded more than 150 product and design patents. And the team at Pella is as committed as ever to continuing the company’s proud heritage of building innovative windows and doors.
At Pella, we want to help you find what makes you an extraordinary team member. That’s why we offer individualized talent development plans, cross-functional experiences, and opportunities for career advancement through personal and professional development.
Our national brand is supported by 8,000+ team members at 17 manufacturing sites and 90+ sales branches across the country who are dedicated to serving our customers with Pella Passion — a way of being that inspires us to go above and beyond for each other, our customers, and our communities. Pella Passion has guided our actions for 95 years and will carry us forward as we capture the rare blend of inspired design and exceptional detail in our work and our lives.
Ensures the environment of the assigned Manufacturing Operations Plant aligns with Pella’s People Focus Culture and Pella’s Total Competitiveness System (TCS) specific to Leadership and Values.
Acts as a leader and business partner by planning and administering policies, programs, and processes related to human resources by performing the following duties personally or through the assistance of others for a Manufacturing Operations Plant with a team member population of 100 – 2000.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with HR & Ops leaders, develop and deploy human capital solutions aligned with the achievement of business objectives
- Contribute to the long-term strategic plan and direction of the plant, functioning as part of the site’s senior leadership team
- Establish an inclusive work environment, aligned with the Pella culture, that enhances team member experience and increases retention
- Provide coaching and feedback to team members, enabling and empowering them to reach their full potential
- Leverage HR reporting and metrics; analyze data, diagnose issues, and recommend solutions to address business challenges
- Ensure operational excellence to scale the team’s impact; continuously improve the way work is done to allow for greater focus on longer-term strategies
- Ensure staffing levels meet and/or exceed forecasted production goals – through attraction, development, and engagement of team members
- Represent Pella within the geographic area through involvement in charitable giving, partnerships with local businesses, and active community leadership
- Anticipate organizational needs and adapt quickly to rapidly emerging situations, staying current on HR best practices and applicable legislation
- Partner with Ops & HR on the enhancement and/or application of core HR processes and practices such as employee relations, promotions/progression, unemployment, workers’ compensation, compliance, factory wages, orientation and onboarding, safety training, budgeting, policy design, and employee communications
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance with federal and state law.
May manage 1-5 exempt and nonexempt members of the HR team. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training team members; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining team members; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human resources or a business-related field required; 5-7+ years of related experience plus 3+ years experience in a leadership role in human resources, manufacturing, or another business function required.
- Alignment with the people-first culture of Pella; a caring leader with a passion for continuous learning, achieving results, and developing themselves and others.
- A strong foundation in core HR processes and practices; including but not limited to employment, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and orientation and onboarding.
- Strategic as well as tactical; understands the bigger picture of the broader company strategy and is able and willing to roll up their sleeves to do what it takes to get there.
- Credible leader and team member; quickly builds effective working relationships centered on trust across functions and teams.
- Decisive, action-oriented, and organized; manage priorities effectively and drives execution through completion.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to quickly learn new concepts and apply them to varying situations and challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization and externally. Bi-Lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel; must be able to create, edit and modify Excel spreadsheets and be able to interpret data for understanding. Proficient in other MS Office applications, Oracle, and SharePoint.