HVAC S&F Technician
|Hiring Organization||Johnson Controls New York City Office|
|Post Name||HVAC S&F Technician|
|Qualification||Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two-year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10165|
What you will do
Perform service and new installation commissioning activities on the fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm, and intercom systems.
How you will do it
- Supervise and inspect the installation of equipment to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications. Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing, and training on new system installations
- Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshoot potential field wiring problems
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost-effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition
- Manage assigned Electronic Systems service calls in regards to field labor hours estimated
- Customer satisfaction through coordination, response to customer requests and problems, and clear communication skills
- Prepare reports on daily activities
- I May be required to work overtime
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds Working environment may involve climbing ladders and scaffoldings with equipment, upwards to forty (40) feet Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must adhere to all OSHA and JCI safety policies and procedures
- Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner
What we look for
- 2-5 years of experience with installation and service of fire alarm, access control, CCTV, intrusion, and intercom systems
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics, In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs
- Security experience with P2000 or C-Cure 9000 is required.
- Fire alarm Experience preferable with Edwards and Notifier
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two-year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft’s suite of Office software
- Working knowledge of IT network systems
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communication devices as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules, and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manual.
- CURE 9000, NICET, and DCJS certifications are required.
- Must be able to pass a background check, drug screen,s and credit checks.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, or sex.
National origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.