|Hiring Organization||Air Products|
|Post Name||Project Director|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8000 To USD 10000 Per Month|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77060|
Job Description and Qualifications
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an immediate opening for a Project Director – Engineering, Procurement, and Construction as part of the GEMTE Project Execution Team.
- The Project Director will lead large capital projects for a Fortune 300 company and ensure successful project commitments.
- Skilled project management experience plus exceptional communication and influencing skills are required for this position.
- The role requires leadership, coordination of various project activities to meet customer expectations, and being within acceptable quality levels without compromising safety and reliability.
- Projects are executed utilizing global capabilities, necessitating a strong cross-cultural competency.
- Mobility (domestic and international) can travel to design offices, manufacturing locations, and field sites; travel will be up to 50% depending on the project.
- Lead execution of all aspects of assigned project(s), including Design, Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, and Startup.
- Establish strategies for execution, risk management, procurement, construction, and start-up. Support bid development from a project management perspective by providing input to define project scope, budget, and schedule.
- Manage overall cost, schedule, and scope of assigned project(s).
- Act as a single point of contact with the customer(s), from project development through project execution on engineering and technical issues.
- Initiate and routinely communicate efficiently with the customer(s), management, and team.
- Maintain a safe work environment and support corporate and organizational safety goals in the office, suppliers, and fabrication and field sites.
- Ensure Risk Management procedures are followed, and any issues are resolved.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Equivalent
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant work experience
- Proven credibility with key business and functional leaders
- A high degree of knowledge/understanding of project-related functions (Engineering, Design, Procurement, Fabrication, Construction).
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all organizational levels through written and verbal communication.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Cultural awareness
- Client focus
At Air Products, we work in an environment where diversity is essential, inclusion in our culture, and each person knows they belong and matter. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance, and retirement plans.
You will be eligible for benefits and also be 100% vested in your retirement benefits on your first day of employment. Air Products thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, or veteran status.