|Hiring Organization||JW Marriott Houston Downtown|
|Post Name||RESTAURANT SERVER|
|Qualification||HS Diploma or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 20 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77002|
To serve meals to patrons according to established rules of etiquette.
- Serves ice water and/or coffee upon greeting the table.
- Presents menu to diner, suggests dinner courses, and appropriate wines, and answers questions regarding food
- Writes order on check or memorizes it.
- Relays orders to kitchen or bar and serves courses from kitchen and service bars.
- Garnishes and decorates dishes preparatory to serving.
- Serves patrons from the dish at the table on occasion.
- Observes diners to fulfill any additional request and to perceive when the meal has been completed.
- Totals bill and accept payment or refer the patron to the cashier.
- Replenishes supplies and prepares for the next meal.
- Takes the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Use arithmetic to total costs and make changes.
- Talk with different kinds of people to find out what services they want and to give them information.
- Stand or walk for varying lengths of time, sometimes for long periods.
- Move fingers and hands easily and quickly to handle things like dishes, money, and merchandise.
- Lift and carry things like heavy trays.
- Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
- Experience: None required
- Licenses/Certifications: Must have TIPS and Food Safety certifications.
Physical Requirements: Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical & visual requirements (check all that apply)
- Outdoor weather conditions
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk extended distances
- Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
- Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.