|Hiring Organization||Domain New York|
|Post Name||Interior Designer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10007|
Who we are:
The Domain Companies is a national real estate development and investment firm focused on making a positive and lasting social, economic, and physical impact on the communities in which we build.
The domain is responsible for a diverse range of innovative projects including affordable, mixed-income, and luxury apartments, condominiums, hospitality, retail, entertainment venues, and creative workspace.
Our success is a result of our community-focused approach, collective entrepreneurial spirit, and the unique skills and experience of our people. Our team stays at the forefront of our industry by striving for excellence and innovation in everything we do. The result is a dynamic environment that encourages creativity and offers the opportunity for growth and advancement.
What we’re looking for:
The Domain Interior Design Department curates, develops, and elevates interior planning and design throughout the Domain portfolio. The Designer position will support the Director of Interior Design to shape Domain’s product brand including multifamily, coworking, and hospitality.
The Interior Design team focuses on defining design characteristics across all product types. We aim to be timeless, curated, layered, warm, and unpretentious. Our projects are rooted in the sophisticated culture of design and craftsmanship. Depth of narrative is critical. Our projects harness the connection between aesthetic and financial value for the betterment of both.
The Design position will play a crucial role: in ensuring on-brand design, efficient project management process, on-budget/on-schedule outcomes, and brand standard adherence. The Designer will assist the Interior Design Director to design property scope and refurbishments.
They will coordinate and support 15-20 projects across the portfolio. Projects are a mix of those designed by ID consultants and Domain’s ID team. The Designer will take on independent design scope and projects as the position develops.
What you’ll be doing:
- Coordinate with Design, Construction, Marketing, and various external partners.
- Own the budget development, invoice tracking, and PO review for 15-20 projects.
- Amex reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain project management processes, tracking, filing, and organization across all projects.
- Source, purchase, and coordinate with Purchasing Agent.
- Procuring vendor quotes and bids. Own RFP development and new vendor setup.
- Photo shoot production and coordination.
- Heavy calendar and meeting coordination.
- Construction Administration: Submittals, Shop Drawings, ID Sets, CFAs.
- Coordinate, design, and support properties with design needs and warranty items. Redline drawing sets and presentations for internal and external partners.
- Conduct product development and research. Custom furniture and product design development.
- Presentation sample, strike off, and control/finish sample development assistance.
- Draft specifications for interior projects for Domain ID projects.
- Review of specification packages for brand-specific standard adherence.
- Participate and take minutes in milestone meetings, weekly calls, ID presentations, site meetings, project calls, and model room reviews.
- Participate in and travel to project installs, art installs model rooms, and photo shoots.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications Required:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in Commercial/Hospitality Interior Design, including all project phases through installation, punch, and completion.
- Experience demonstrating excellence in design and project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field.
- Proficient In: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite.
- Must be based in either New Orleans, LA, OR New York City Metro areas.
Essential Job Functions / Ability To:
- Support the Director of Interior design and by extension the Design and Construction team across all projects in the portfolio.
- Sophisticated sourcing background.
- Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate clearly and efficiently with the internal teams, consultants, vendors, or other third parties.
- Research, develop the design, problem solve and produce solutions.
- Take ownership, be reliable, and be responsible for fulfilling obligations.
- Develop detailed graphic presentations.
- Display strong work ethic and integrity in all situations.
- Remain positive and open to change.
- Work in a schedule-driven, high-pressure, fast-paced, environment.
- To grasp and track multiple projects simultaneously with a high level of detail.
- Understand commercial products and associated budgets.
- Conduct yourself with a warm demeanor and collaborative spirit.
- Ability to both gives and receive positive and constructive feedback.
- Highly reliable self-starter is able to work independently as well as with internal and external teams.
- Exceptional oral and written communication and design presentation skills.
- Passion for entrepreneurialism and design.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing a computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using a keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items at or under 40 pounds.
Work Hour Requirements:
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on the needs of the property as well as the company’s needs.
- Regular, dependable attendance, and punctuality.
- A hybrid model with 20% WFH.
- Health and wellness benefits with 4 different plan offerings.
- Company-paid Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability.
- Paid Parental Leave Program (up to 8 weeks of 100% pay).
- 401(k) matching program (up to 4%).
- 10 days of paid vacation, 7 sick days, and 10 company holidays annually.
- Competitive compensation with annual bonus potential.
- Fun extracurricular activities and perks.
- 2 Volunteer days and an annual community day where we get to give back, together!
- Professional development opportunities.
This job description is not all-inclusive. The Domain Companies reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. The Domain Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.