Enlist as a soldier in the United States Army and become a certified Interpreter/Translator, responsible for interpreting and preparing translations between English and a foreign language. This is not a civilian contractor position. No experience is necessary. The position is entry-level.
- Prepare nontechnical translations into the target language and perform sight translations from a target language into English.
- Assist military contracting officers with local purchases.
- Provide interpretation support at military traffic control points and local media events.
Proficient in one or more of the following target languages:
- Persian-Afghan (Dari)
- Persian-Iranian (Farsi)
- Arabic-Modern Standard
- 10 weeks of Basic Training.
- 6 weeks of Technical School with on-the-job instructions.
- 30 days paid vacation annually.
- Full Healthcare coverage for you and your Family.
- Educational benefits worth over $72,000.
- Obtain Industry standard recognized certifications.
- No felonies. (Defer Adjudication included).
- Current High School Senior, High school graduate, or GED equivalent.
- Permanent resident or US citizen.
- Meet physical standards based on gender and age.