IT Service Desk Technician (Entry Level)
|Hiring Organization||Southwest Schools|
|Post Name||IT Service Desk Technician (Entry Level)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77057|
Our mission is to prepare college and career-ready students for life-long success.
We are a premier district of choice that meets the diverse needs of all students by creating an inclusive community that fosters a strong sense of self-worth.
Southwest Schools believes in promoting a culture that embodies and fosters a collaborative approach to learning. Staff relationships are collegial, collaborative, and productive, and all staff members are held to high professional standards. Mistakes are not seen as failures, but as opportunities to learn and grow for both students and educators.
The IT Service Desk Technician is responsible for performing daily IT tasks to support the district’s IT needs.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Test, discover, troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues related to operating systems, hardware and software.
- Utilize Service Desk to log/track IT issues/conversations for future reference by other technicians and/or for training purposes.
- Provide support to the System Administrator when a hands-on tech is needed.
- Assist with maintaining inventory of IT related items throughout the district.
- Support other technicians in daily assignments as needed throughout the district.
- Build, configure and deploy hardware including, but not limited to, desktops, laptops, tablets, printers and projectors.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks, computer systems and district data.
- Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
- Work with employees to organize and schedule upgrades and maintenance.
- Provide prompt responses to IT related queries at the user level.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma/GED
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in applied technology
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred
OTHER POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Maintain regular attendance.
- Ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into focus; judge distance (close and distant); reach with arms extended and use hands to manipulate the keyboard, smart board and other campus technology.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 30 pounds, including but not limited to: IT devices (computers, keyboards, monitors etc…).
- This position requires frequent standing, walking, sitting, bending, kneeling and/or the ability to be mobile.
- May work prolonged or irregular hours; maintain emotional control under stress.
- Ability to travel districtwide and statewide as needed by means of personal/private or public transportation in compliance with the state’s department of motor vehicle and/or public transportation laws.
EXPECTED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to build and sustain positive, collaborative relationships both internally and externally
- In depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Knowledge of technology integration in the classroom and management of instructional technology programs
- Knowledge of current trends, methods, research, and technology
- Skills in written and oral communication, planning, and organization
- Ability to plan and present information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to facilitate various size groups using facilitative leadership skills
- In-depth knowledge of assigned program and service area
- Ability to collect, analyze and interpret data
- Ability to supervise people if applicable
I have carefully read and understand the contents of this position description. I understand the responsibilities, requirements and duties expected of me. I understand that this is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position.
While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, the employer reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the position or to require that additional or different tasks be performed as directed by the employer.
I understand that I may be required to work overtime, different shifts or hours outside the normally defined workday or workweek. I also understand that this position description does not constitute a contract of employment nor alter my status as an at-will employee. I have the right to terminate my employment at any time and for any reason, and the employer has a similar right.