IT Field Engineer
|Hiring Organization||DPR Construction|
|Post Name||IT Field Engineer|
|Qualification||AA degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent related work experience|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40 To USD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77027|
This position is responsible for providing superior customer service and quality technical support for internal employees as well as external collaborative business partners. The ITFE will primarily support employees located in the Houston regional office and at construction job sites. The ITFE will secondarily support employees located in the Denver regional office remotely primarily with travel based on necessity.
- Interacts in person, via telephone, email, IM, and web interface to assist users
- Analyze, prioritize, troubleshoot, and resolve technical issues, including employee laptops and mobile devices in a timely fashion in accordance with SLAs and OLAs
- Support includes the diagnosing and troubleshooting of the company’s technology, including, but not limited to workstations, mobile devices, client-server applications, cloud applications, and local and network devices.
- Installs and maintains software/equipment/networks at job sites and assigned regional office.
- Responsible for scheduling and organizing visits to job sites and offices in areas of responsibility
- Responsible for creating, tracking, and resolving incidents and tasks in Samanage.
- Records, tracks, and audits equipment using the established asset management system (Samanage) and processes, including asset recovery at job sites
- Responsible for maintaining company security through established tools.
- Involved in company-wide IT projects providing input and deliverables in all phases.
- Follows ITIL processes for incident and problem management.
- Documents best practices and known fixes in the Samanage knowledge base.
- Provides IT training during new hire orientations and provisions assets following established best practices.
- Participates in software installations and upgrades
- Provide relevant input for technical and process improvements to contribute and the overall effectiveness of the DPR IT organization.
- Takes the initiative to work with other cross-functional IT team members to improve the quality of service.
- Remains current on technology, especially mobility solutions for business needs.
- Works with Jobsite teams to design and implement infrastructure according to company standards
- Liaison with business project estimators and project managers to plan for Jobsite IT needs during the preconstruction phase and throughout the project lifecycle.
- Determine, recommend, procure, and execute which products or services best fit the customers’ needs, within DPR standards and following our strategy.
- Implement and follow Jobsite standardization practices.
- Work with service providers to install and implement Jobsite technologies. e.g. Internet circuits
- Responsible for mobilization and demobilization of IT equipment at job sites.
- Ensures quality customer service by maintaining ownership of Jobsite escalated issues until resolved, including communication and root cause analysis.
- Create a positive support experience and build strong relationships through deep problem understanding, ensuring timely resolution or escalation, communicating promptly on progress, and handling customers with a consummately professional attitude
- Flexibility to travel and work after hours or on weekends, if needed.
- Troubleshoot various technical issues as level 1, level 2, or level 3 support
- Technically skilled in networking Cisco/Meraki (MX, Router, Switch, VPN), Networking Protocols (DHCP, FTP/SFTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP)
- Experience with Meraki is a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams is a plus.
- Experience with Poly VC / VOIP is a plus.
- Able to support video conferencing and scheduling hardware/software
- Experience supporting Dell/Lenovo/Microsoft workstations and peripherals.
- Able to support Mobile devices (IOS/Android).
- Experience with Microsoft Intune is a plus.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office 365 and supporting diverse applications
- Ability to react quickly and efficiently to high-pressure situations
- Expert in troubleshooting and root cause analysis
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Team player accepts & seeks feedback
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers, and suppliers
- Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments
- Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations
- AA degree in Computer Science or related field preferred, or equivalent related work experience
- ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- CompTIA A+ and Network+ preferred
- CCNA or MCSA certifications a plus
- 5+ years experience in a Technical Support role
- 2+ years experience in a Field Support role
- AEC industry experience is a plus
- Primarily based in the Houston regional office with frequent travel to local job sites in the greater Houston area, with potential travel to Denver on occasion.
- There may be occasional travel domestically.
- This position is salaried.
- DPR will provide a company work-use vehicle for this position.