|Hiring Organization||ABM Industries|
|Post Name||Airport Janitor|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 15 To USD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 11371|
Position Summary Details
The Airport Janitor position provides the cleaning and upkeep of an assigned area(s)
- Cleans and maintains buildings/facilities. Performs heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
- Notifies managers concerning the need for minor or major repairs or additions to building operating systems
- Establishes and maintains effective communication and working relationships with clients, co-workers, shift coordinators, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Complies with all safety, security, compliance, and quality standards and procedures established by the Company, Clients, and regulatory authorities
- Cleaners must be flexible and willing to complete all tasks that are assigned.
- Cleans building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them. Follows procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Sometimes using ladders, dust and washes furniture, walls, machines, and equipment; cleans ceilings and dust and polishes light fixtures.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates, and equipment to clean areas, either manually or by using hand trucks
- May remove stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Mixes water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions according to specifications
- Cleans and vacuums carpeted areas, including the application of spot cleaning treatment
- Gathers and empties trash
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures
- Services clean, and supplies restrooms
- Cleans interior partition glass, windows, glass partitions, and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees
- Must keep janitor’s closet neat and orderly and maintain equipment in good working order
- Requisitions supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties
- May be expected to make basic repairs
- Miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must meet all requirements to receive approval for working in specific ATS environments (if applicable), including ten-year work history if available
- Customer Service Experience
- 1 yr. of similar work experience
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300+ offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations.
ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission-critical solutions, and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions.
ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban, and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants, and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious beliefs, or other legally required exceptions. ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)