Principal Sustainability Manager
|Hiring Organization||Johnson Controls Toronto Office|
|Post Name||Principal Sustainability Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical discipline required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 7000 To CAD 8000 Per Month|
|Location||Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada L4B 1H1|
Johnson Controls is in the top 12% of companies globally in climate leadership. We deliver innovation that improves lives and makes the world a better place. Be part of a future-focused team and join a global leader in sustainability
What you will do
The Principal Sustainability Manager (PSM) supports the Business Development Director (BDD) on the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Team; a fast-paced, growth-oriented, entrepreneurial team in Johnson Controls Building Solutions North America with a focus on Energy Infrastructure Solutions for customers.
The IaaS solution is a service offering, that positively impacts our customer’s facilities including energy, sustainability, efficiency, resiliency, operations, renewables, services, capital renewal, comfort, and all elements of their building needs over the facility’s lifecycle.
This role requires an outside-the-box thinker with the ability to rapidly adjust to changes in a negotiated/owner-direct, sales support role. You will team with the Business Development Director in the creation of a service partnership-based solution that allows customers to achieve their mission and long-term goals for sustainability and infrastructure.
Provides engineering, operations, renewable resource, and financial expertise during the selling process from concept through close. Responsible for developing the proposed solution including thought leadership in financial and operations structure, engagement, and management of internal and external resources, financial analysis, and presentations.
And the support of the BDD in the selling process. Provides technical, operational, and financial insight in support of pursuit efforts in this marketplace. This position can be based at your home office in areas surrounding our Johnson Controls branches in Toronto, Mississauga, or Ottawa, Ontario.
How you will do it
- Understand features and benefits of solution components. “Solution components” may include Johnson Controls products, third-party products, renewable energy, operations, maintenance, building services as well as financing, including Johnson Controls specific funding vehicles.
- Design, digitalize and deploy solutions for customers as they are looking to solve their business resiliency, sustainability, and decarbonization needs globally.
- Through interviews, data collection, and/or site visits understand the wants, needs, and desires of customers including their valuation and prioritization of each.
- With the BDD, assemble internal/external resources as required to evaluate business opportunities at a high level from both a Johnson Controls and customer perspective.
- Participate in the development and delivery of in-person or written proposals, meetings, and other types of customer engagement.
- Work with the Operations &Maintenance Team on operational and lifecycle costing strategies. Provides specification insight, benchmarking, risk mitigation strategies and best practices from other similar facilities.
- Lead internal and external resources on the project team.
- Financial and technical modeling.
- Provide support in the transition process for Business Development to Operations.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or related technical discipline required.
- 10+ years of development or sales support experience creating solutions and proposals that achieve customer objectives. Experience may be external, customer-facing, or internal, supporting objectives of energy conservation and sustainability for application within owned building portfolio.
- 5+years experience managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and/or developing contracts related to construction, operations, and/or financing.
- Understanding of and experience with leading and/or participating in evaluations utilizing ESG principles, carbon accounting, and associated financial and procurement strategies.
- Extensive understanding of the Energy, Infrastructure, and Building Services industry.
- Strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word) and modeling skills.
- Excellent written and presentation skills.
- Ability to lead and work with cross-functional teams to achieve customer objectives.
- Highly organized, team-oriented, and have excellent customer-facing skills.
- Excellent initiative, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Available for travel within Canada 30%.
What you will get
- Competitive salary and bonus incentive plan based on your efforts
- Comprehensive benefits package including RRSP, pension, medical, dental, and vision care.
- Extensive product and sales training with Best in Industry Resources
- Encouraging and collaborative team environment
We believe in doing well by doing good and hold ourselves accountable to make the world a better place through the solutions we provide, our engagement in society, the way we do business, and our commitment to protect people and the environment. We believe that diversity and inclusion matter and make a difference. By embracing the true value of diversity and inclusion, and valuing different perspectives, we strive to be one of the most desirable places to work.
Canada Diversity Statement
Information obtained from the questions below will allow Johnson Controls to track the diversity of our applicants, employee training opportunities, promotions, and employee retention in order to identify and remove barriers to employment and advancement.
With your consent, you may also be contacted by the employment equity officer to get your opinions about Employment Equity (EE) Programs. You have the right to review, correct, or change information relating to you at any time and you can be assured that the information will not be used for unauthorized purposes.
Your response to the self-identification questionnaire below is voluntary. It is however mandatory to answer the questions, even if you choose not to provide the information. The responses that you provide on this form will be confidentially retained for statistical purposes.
Persons with disabilities are those that have a long-term or recurring physical, mental, sensory, psychiatric, or learning impairment and who consider themselves to be disadvantaged in employment by reason of that impairment, or believe that an employer or potential employer is likely to consider them to be disadvantaged in employment by reason of that impairment.
This also includes persons whose functional limitations owing to their impairment have been accommodated in their current job or workplace. An Aboriginal person is a North American Indian, Métis, or Inuit and/or a Treaty Indian or a Registered Indian and/or member of an Indian Band/First Nation. Members of visible minorities are persons, other than Aboriginal peoples, who are non-Caucasian in race or non-white in color, regardless of birthplace.