|Hiring Organization||Obama Foundation|
|Post Name||Legal Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 40 To USD 45 Per Hour|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60615|
About the Obama Foundation
At the Obama Foundation, we are guided by a core belief: that ordinary people working together can change history. Our mission is to inspire those people to take action, empower them to change their world for the better, and connect them so they can achieve more together than they can alone.
We were founded by community organizers, so when we seek to change, we do it by bringing people together.
That approach begins at home, on the South Side of Chicago, where we are building the Obama Presidential Center. The Center represents a historic opportunity for Chicago: a chance to build a world-class museum and public gathering space that celebrates our nation’s first African American President and First Lady steps away from where he began his career, where she was raised, and where—together—they made their home.
But that approach extends to all our work, whether it’s holding leadership training sessions in communities throughout the U.S., bringing local leaders together in countries around the world, working to support the global education of girls, or ensuring young men of color have pathways to opportunity.
As President Obama has said, “we cannot solve the challenges of our time unless we solve them together.” So join us.
Purpose of the Role
Analysts are responsible for providing exceptional support to their managers and teams, ensuring that they can focus on their highest priorities, by helping with special projects and administrative needs.
Analysts assist their managers with scheduling, travel arrangements, meeting preparation and debriefing, communications, and other administrative functions. Analysts will also take the lead on projects speciﬁc to their teams and will liaise with other departments across the Foundation on core projects and workstreams.
Core Job Responsibilities
- Fulﬁlling Administrative Needs
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Chief Legal and People Officer.
- Manage Chief Legal and People Officer’s calendar and Legal Team calendar, ensuring that the majority of their time is spent on their highest priorities.
- Manage system to help the Chief Legal and People Officer track flow of daily emails, priorities, and action items.
- Ensure the Chief Legal and People Officer is fully prepared for all meetings with agendas, bios, talking points, briefings, and background reading.
- Conduct background research, as needed, and succinctly summarize ﬁndings on a timely basis.
- Lead note-taking for legal team meetings and monitor attendant action items.
- Draft communications (presentations, memos, etc.) for Chief Legal and People Officer.
- Schedule departmental meetings; assist in the preparation and distribution of meeting agendas and materials.
- Work closely with the Chief of Staff to support internal team organizational and operational processes.
- Project Management
- Assist the EVP, Chief Legal Officer, and Chief of Staff with the management of the Legal Department’s operations functions and implementation of Foundation-wide strategy initiatives.
- Help ensure accurate and complete Foundation legal and internal compliance records.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Key Deliverables / Outcomes
- Manager’s schedule is exceptionally organized and up-to-date.
- Managers’ daily work, projects, and action items from meetings are organized and planned out, and communicated effectively.
- Prepare meeting agendas, relevant background information, and bios (when necessary).
- Documents that the manager needs to review are easily accessible.
- Meeting requests are replied to within 24 hours.
- Travel arrangements for the manager are made on time and within budget.
- Expense reports and reimbursements are prepared and submitted to meet the monthly deadline.
- Planning and execution of projects at the discretion of the manager within specific timeframes with high attention to detail.
- Highly organized, with a track record of completing short- and long-term responsibilities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, high-volume organization
- Exceptional project manager; track record of designing and implementing effective and efﬁcient systems and processes that deliver excellent results
- Motivated by providing exceptional customer service; warm, friendly; anticipates needs, takes initiative, resourceful, problem-solver
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage competing priorities
In the interest of employee health and safety during the pendency of the COVID-19 global pandemic, the Obama Foundation is requiring that all prospective employees present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, or seek a reasonable accommodation for religious or medical reasons, prior to their first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Foundation is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. The Foundation does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, disability, parental status, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws.
We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply. If you are a qualified candidate with a disability, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require a reasonable accommodation to complete this application.