IT Systems Administrator
|Hiring Organization||Museum Of Contemporary Art Chicago (MCA Chicago)|
|Post Name||IT Systems Administrator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 74650 To USD 97050 Per Year|
|Location||Chicago, Illinois, United States 60611|
We have an opening for an IT Systems Administrator to support the Information Technology department at MCA Chicago. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology,
The Systems Administrator leads in fine-tuning systems and network solutions for mission-critical infrastructure for the Museum. This role ensures relevant projects promote the security, success, and longevity of technology solutions for Museum employees. To be successful in this role, you must:
- Execute regular maintenance and upgrades of Windows servers, virtual and physical.
- Monitor and maintains the enterprise virtualization and storage environment.
- Establish regular server and network maintenance to prevent outages and failure of mission-critical infrastructure.
- Ensure that all systems documentation is complete and up to date.
- Ensure that cybersecurity best practices are in place to protect Museum’s intellectual property.
- Maintain the current network diagram.
- Identify and tracks all server certificates.
- Partner with the Director of Information Technology on disaster preparedness planning, including annual testing of the agreed-upon plan
- Aid in the modernization and upgrade of Museum systems and applications
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Familiarity with the following technical concepts: Windows Server, file servers, VMware vSphere, Office365, Active Directory, Cisco Unified Phone and/or VoIP solutions, cloud-hosted computing solutions such as Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google Cloud.
- 5 to 7 years of progressive Windows systems administration experience.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, triage issues, and be decisive in decision-making.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Some lifting of data center equipment over 25lbs may be required
This is a full-time position, with a Monday – Friday 9a-5p schedule that may occasionally include evening and weekend availability as required to fulfill responsibilities and for related museum activities. Ability to perform occasional light lifting, operate computers, printers, and telephones, and general mobility throughout the building required. The salary for this role ranges from $74,650 – $97,050.
P.S. The MCA provides a generous benefits package that includes: health, dental, and vision insurance; paid vacation and personal days; free life, AD&D, short-term, and long-term disability insurance; retirement plans; discounted parking; pre-tax transportation programs; visiting the MCA’s galleries; curator-led staff tours of MCA exhibitions; discounts at the MCA Store and MCA restaurant Marisol; discounts for MCA Stage and other programs; plus a wide variety of discounts at many cultural institutions in the Chicagoland area.