|Hiring Organization||American Airlines|
|Post Name||Ramp Agent|
|Qualification||High school diploma or GED or international equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 14 To USD 17 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75261|
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of yourself.
As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- Fleet Service Clerks perform the handling of items on and off aircraft, carts, containers, and trucks; transporting items between terminals and aircraft; receiving, delivering, weighing, and documenting cargo in a cargo-specific facility (warehouse) or a loading dock area.
- The terms and conditions of this position are covered by the Transport Workers Union (TWU) Collective Bargaining Agreement.
What you’ll do
- Pick-up and delivery as indicated: mail at a mail facility, baggage in bag room; cargo at the cargo facility, or staging areas.
- Arrival and departure activities of aircraft include cleaning aircraft windshields; pushing, towing, and related guide person functions.
- Reads and fills out legibly, documents and forms necessary to the operational requirements of the airline. Includes the ability to perform data entry.
- The cleaning and servicing of aircraft interiors, including cabin cockpit and lavatories; checking, handling, assembling, removing, and installing passenger service cabin furnishings and supplies according to to check list specifications.
- Transporting furnishings and supplies to and from aircraft interiors.
- External servicing of the aircraft including lavatory, potable water, external electricity, air start, and preconditioned air; includes checking all fluid levels.
- De-icing aircraft. May be required to work at heights while de-icing aircraft
- The filling of fuel trucks from storage tanks, driving fuel trucks, and servicing aircraft and ground equipment as required. May require monitoring and maintenance of aircraft fuel and oil tanks by taking stick readings and checking fuel truck meter.
- Operation and maintenance of fuel storage facilities including ordering and checking deliveries of fuel and oil. Assisting in the loading, unloading, and racking of both filled and empty drums.
- May be required to operate a bus and/or forklift.
This position works outdoors in various weather conditions. Due to flight operations, Fleet Service Clerks work shifts that include irregular and/or extended hours, weekends, and holidays.
All you’ll need for success
- High school diploma or GED or international equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Lift, load, unload, and transport bags and cargo to/from aircraft, bag carts, and conveyor belts
- Must have knowledge of and ability to use basic computer skills
- People-oriented and highly motivated, with a positive and cooperative attitude
- Good communication skills
- Applicable valid driver’s license as required by local authorities
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, if applicable
- Completion of a pre-employment drug screen, comprehensive background check, and/or fingerprinting to satisfy company and security requirements
- Ability to obtain jet bridge certification
- Must have the ability to pass the US Postal Service background check
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family, and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription, and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources, and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program is available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance, and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises, and more
Feel Free to be yourself in American
From the team members, we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities, and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.