Director of Finance
|Hiring Organization||The Joule|
|Post Name||Director of Finance|
|Qualification||Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Hospitality, or a related field required.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 8500 To USD 9500 Per Month|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75201|
Exciting opportunity for a driven and highly organized leader to direct the financial efforts of an iconic property set in the heart of Dallas’s central business district. The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter and includes unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, and award-winning restaurants and bars.
In addition to guiding the accounting practices of this one-of-a-kind luxurious property, you will join a leading hotel management company with a diverse portfolio of properties located in the most competitive markets in the US, while positioning yourself for career growth locally or beyond this market.
- Supervise and direct the financial activities of the hotel, safeguard the assets, and prepare financial reports in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
- Analyze financial data of operations, in order to advise hotel management and to assist in maintaining an efficient operation.
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and are consistent with HHM core values.
- Monitor and approve all sales, purchases, salaries, and expenses of the hotel.
- Prepare, review, and present the Monthly Report of Operations for the above property teams and ownership.
- Prepare forecasts and budgets as required (annual, revised annual, monthly, and/or upon request).
- Ensure payroll practices are compliant and accurate bi-weekly.
- Oversee contracts and legal agreements, and assist hotel management in maintaining licenses, permits, insurance, and contracts.
- Establish and audit internal financial controls, including purchasing, cash handling and disbursements, inventories, hotel equipment, master keys, and associate time records.
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Hospitality, or a related field required.
- 5-10 years of previous accounting experience in hospitality preferred.
The Joule is a revitalized neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food, and drinks.
And with some of the best services in town, The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.