|Hiring Organization||VEHO Warehouse|
|Post Name||Operations Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or 3-5 years of experience in warehouse operations management|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 25 To USD 30 Per Hour|
|Location||Dallas, Texas, United States 75028|
Veho is a technology-driven shipping company that enables personalized next-day package delivery, extending partner brand value. Veho brand partners have seen a 20% increase in customer repurchase, a 40% increase in customer lifetime value, and an 8% rise in net promoter score.
Veho gives package recipients greater insight and control, letting them know when they will receive their package, and when drivers are en route, and enables real-time rescheduling, address changes, and personal delivery instructions. Veho’s technology matches demand package delivery with a network of qualified crowdsourced driver partners, ensuring every package is delivered on time and correctly.
The concept for Veho started as a school project while co-founder Itamar Zur attended Harvard Business School. Zur constantly experienced issues receiving packages – from getting the dreaded “we missed you” note, to stolen packages. He set out to fix the problem so many customers and brands face.
Today, Veho’s robust technology platform provides customers and e-commerce brands with an unparalleled shipping experience, an industry record 99.9% average on-time performance for next-day delivery, and an average 4.9-star customer rating.
As the site leader, the Warehouse Manager, you will play a vital role in the overall success of the warehouse facility by leading employee activity to achieve performance goals. You will be responsible for assisting and overseeing facility sort and driver launch operations while coaching, mentoring, and directing supervisors and associates to hit key KPIs and OKRs.
You will also be responsible for assisting with managing the operation’s P&L, leading logistics oversight, and a focus on process improvement. Additionally, you will ensure safety in the warehouse, including being a champion of OSHA compliance and appropriate reporting.
What you will do:
- Build a high-performing team of supervisors and associates to deliver an advanced level of quality, speed, and service in all daily activities
- Coach, train, and guide supervisors and associates for forwarding career progression
- Generate programs and practices that deliver a high level of customer satisfaction, on-time delivery success, and safety
- Partner with our Client Operations team to exceed client expectations as their last-mile delivery carrier
- Champion OSHA compliance and track incidents within markets
- Lead through the values of candor, teamwork, ownership, and human
- Work cross-functionally to hire, retain, coach, and develop employees within the operation
- Performance management of warehouse staff – this includes celebrating individual wins and coaching staff who need assistance.
- Maintain regular professional development conversations with warehouse staff
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, or 3-5 years of experience in warehouse operations management
- Minimum of 2-3 years leading and managing a team of direct and indirect reports.
- 3+ years of experience in warehousing, inventory, or logistics
- Flexibility, innovation, and the ability to manage staff, responsibilities, and priorities in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, and time-critical environment
- Ability to effectively respond to and interact with staff at all levels of the organization
- Excellent written/oral communication skills
- Aptitude to understand data and make data-driven decisions in the day-to-day work
- Experience with Excel/Google sheets
- Is physically able to stand for the duration of the shift, and move boxes up and down, including bending and frequently lifting (up to 50 lbs required)
- Willingness to work flexible schedules, including weekends, holidays, and evenings
The starting salary for this role is $79,050. The actual salary is dependent upon many factors, such as education, experience, and skills. The pay range is subject to the discretion of the Company.
Veho is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Veho offers a generous ownership package, a casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development.
No matter the location, or the role, every Veho employee shares one galvanizing mission: to revolutionize the world of package delivery by creating exceptional experiences for customers and drivers. We are deeply value-driven (Ownership, Candor, Team Success, Human) and care tremendously about investing in people.
We are committed to creating a diverse team and an environment that provides everyone with the opportunity to do the work of their lifetime. Veho is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Applicants must be able to understand and effectively communicate orally and in writing with all parties regarding work matters, which are generally conducted in English. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.