|Hiring Organization||Aston Tech|
|Post Name||Network Engineer|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 20 To USD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77001|
Project Start Bonus:
Earn a $2,000 bonus on your first paycheck on the project after completing our in-house training curriculum.
Aston Technologies is seeking talented individuals that are highly motivated and eager to launch their careers in the IT industry. This role begins with an on-site training paid program with a curriculum designed to test and sharpen your technical abilities, develop strong professional skills, and familiarize you with the technologies you will be working with within the field.
As a Network Engineer, you will be working on client network infrastructure and security projects nationwide to help assess, design, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain network hardware and software to ensure successful project completion.
Upon successful completion of paid training, you will have a better understanding in areas like virtual and physical network infrastructure, network security, application delivery, and cloud network services on a large enterprise scale on long or short-term job assignments.
When on the project, network engineers are expected to solve technical challenges, document solutions, resolve technical faults, and allocate resources to deliver solutions for the client. Engineers on the project start at $20/hour with the opportunity to earn up to $28/hour in their first year through merit-based reviews in addition to benefits while traveling: including our logistics team to arrange your travel accommodations, furnished housing, weekly food stipend, and a monthly transportation stipend.
We are looking for people to participate in our in-office and remote paid training for this position as soon as November.
- Must be open to 100% travel, including nationwide travel/relocation to client sites
- General understanding of basic computer terminology and a strong passion to learn
- Basic knowledge and proficiency in Windows OS and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to convey written and oral communication effectively and professionally
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen
- Must own a reliable vehicle for transportation
- Ability to drive and train on-site in our Minneapolis office (Remote training hires may be required to travel to our offices as needed for the position)
- Paid full-time (40 hours/week) fast-paced training
- Relocation assistance in the form of corporate housing is available upon request (in addition to training pay)
- Remote training also available upon request
- Professional development in-house: formal skill-based training, preparation for future projects, and developmental relationships
- Collaborative team environment with peers and mentors every step of the way
- Hands-on access to state-of-the-art technology from our preferred vendors
- 1-on-1 mentorship with highly skilled Senior Level Engineers to sharpen your skills
On Project Perks and Benefits:
- After completing our 3-month paid training program, pay starts at $20/hour
- $2,000 bonus on your first paycheck on the project
- Earn up to $28/hour in your first year through merit-based reviews and raises
- Excellent Health, Dental, Vision, and 401(k) with a 50% employer match program of up to 6%
- Accrue up to 2 weeks of PTO annually after the first year on the project
- 7 Paid Federal Holidays off
- Certification Reimbursement (example: CCNA, CCNP, PCNSE, AWS)
Employer-Provided Benefits When Traveling
While traveling on the project, you will receive your base compensation in addition to the following employer-provided benefits:
- Logistics support team to handle all your travel coordination for project travel
- Furnished corporate housing or lodging
- Receive up to $1,100/month in food and transportation stipends in addition to take-home pay