|Hiring Organization||Mattress Firm Galleria|
|Post Name||Sleep Expert|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 65000 To USD 85000 Per Year|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77056|
The most trusted authority on sleep
We’re no ordinary mattress company. In just over 30 years, Mattress Firm has become America’s largest specialty mattress retailer. With more than 2,400 stores nationwide and a team of more than 6,000 Sleep Experts®, we have helped millions of people get better sleep. That’s who we are and what we do—because everyone deserves a great night’s sleep.
Helping people sleep well so they live well
Did you know we spend a third of our lives in bed? That’s why our priority is making sure everyone’s eight hours are perfect. We’re looking for passionate, ambitious people: innovators, action-takers, growth seekers, and life changers.
Your journey will begin with an extensive, customer-centric retail sales training program that empowers you to create a life-changing in-store experience and help customers build the perfect sleep sanctuary. Helping people sleep well so they live well is at the core of what we do. So, join us in making a difference—let’s help people say goodbye to Junk Sleep and hello to the sleep of their dreams.
Why work for Mattress Firm?
- Our teams are passionate, and our culture is inspiring
- You’ll be surrounded by ambitious people: innovators, action-takers; life changes that will inspire you
- Excellent growth opportunities through education and development programs
- Great benefits
- Get paid on demand
- Mental health and life resources
- Great employee discounts: mattresses and sleep accessories, cell phones and electronics, travel, car, and home loans, and more
- Medical, dental, prescription, and vision plans
- 401(k) with employer matching
- Some positions have base pay or uncapped commission
The Sleep Expert will elevate and enhance the customer’s in-store experience by being a trusted sleep authority and offering best-in-class products. Sleep Experts will execute the Mattress Firm selling programs and support a seamless omnichannel experience to create a compelling and engaging environment that puts the customer at the center.
- Create an environment where the customer is always at the center by cultivating strong relationships
- Provide technical and product knowledge information to customers, serve as a subject matter expert
- Drive individual sales performance and KPIs while demonstrating company values and supporting company initiatives
- Execute current visual merchandising and POP standards
- Adhere to company merchandising and marketing programs to standard
- Follow company policy and execute company standards on appearance and functionality
- Maintain customer relationships during and post-purchase (e.g., resolving issues, delivering reminders, resolving concerns, etc.)
- Seek and accept constructive feedback for continuous personal, professional, and performance development
- Continue to develop skills, competencies, and product knowledge through assigned coursework, training, and other company-led activities
- Maintain awareness of competition, advertisements and services offered, and develop strategies to counter
- Leverage social media to positively impact brand awareness and increase sales
- Ensure timely opening and closing procedures
- Follow all Company procedures on cash handling including acceptance of payment and deposit processes
- Ability to push and pull and lift up to 25 pounds to assist customers with load-outs and in-store purchases
- Adhere to all sales processing policies to ensure the proper creation and execution of customer invoicing
- Professional communication and representation of the company brand in all internal and external interactions
- Complete all required training modules and certifications prior to the due date
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed to maintain a safe work environment for all
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external contacts
- Follow all Company policies and execute company standards on appearance and functionality as well as appropriate brand representation
- Communicates any concerns or issues to leadership to ensure proper efficiency of department and company operations
- Bilingual preferred – Spanish
Life at Mattress Firm
Our mission and vision
As America’s most trusted authority on sleep, our mission is to help people find the mattress of their dreams. With low prices, the best brands, and the knowledge of our Sleep Experts®, we make it easy to get a great night’s sleep, every night.
In just over 30 years, Mattress Firm has become America’s largest specialty mattress retailer. With more than 2,400 stores nationwide and a team of more than 6,000 Sleep Experts®, we have helped millions of people get better sleep.
Benefits beyond a paycheck
We support you just like we support our customers—that’s why we offer an extensive range of benefits designed to support you, your family, and your future.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion
We believe in an inclusive environment that attracts, develops, and retains top talent. Our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Council works to promote the cultivation of a work environment that embraces and celebrates all the individuals, backgrounds, and perspectives that reflect the communities we serve.
Giving back to our community
Whether it’s volunteering at a foster care agency, food bank, or even an animal shelter, we believe in giving back to our associates and the communities they live and work in. That’s why we’re proud to support organizations dedicated to helping people follow their dreams and thrive.
DIVERSE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Mattress Firm is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Mattress Firm is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.