|Hiring Organization||ConocoPhillips World Headquarters – SPIRIT ONE|
|Post Name||Learning Specialist|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Project Management, another related business field, or foreign equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77079|
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest independent exploration and production companies, based on proven reserves and production of liquids and natural gas. With operations and activities in 13 countries, we explore, develop, and produce crude oil and natural gas globally. We are challenged with an important job to safely find and deliver energy to the world. Our employees are critical to our success, and with them we power civilization.
We’re grounded by our SPIRIT Values – safety, people, integrity, responsibility, innovation, and teamwork. These values position us to deliver strong performance in a dynamic business – but not at all costs. We believe it’s not just what we do – it’s how we do it – that sets us apart.
We strive to make a significant difference in the communities where we live and operate. We create an inclusive environment that values all voices and opinions. Together, the different backgrounds, experiences, ideas, and perspectives of our employees drive our success.
The Learning Specialist leads learning and competency initiatives, projects, and innovations within the Learning & Competencies team in HR, and Talent Management. This position requires a highly motivated and self-directed individual to provide advising, design, and development for a variety of projects across multiple fields.
If you are selected as the Learning Specialist, you will be tasked with global Competency Program management, Learning Plan execution, metrics tracking for the course and instructor performance, and management of LinkedIn Learning.
The ability to forge strong relationships with clients, business partners, technical learning advisors, and subject-matter specialists and assist business partners and clients with wide-ranging and sophisticated issues will be required.
You may be eligible for the voluntary hybrid office work (HOW) program that is designed to provide employees with flexibility while maintaining the advantages of in-person engagement.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Analyzing, designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating competency program needs, instructor-led, virtual-led, and/or e-Learning based training to meet internal client requests
- Applying adult learning theory to improve learning products and produce interactive and relevant support documents, content, outlines, scripts, and storyboards
- Creating content that meets clearly defined objectives and competency requirements
- Updating, managing, and maintaining existing competency and learning content
- Providing guidance and advising on appropriate learning and competency strategies, processes, tools, and training to support developers within the company
- Leading contractors and/or vendors with specific learning and competency projects and applying proper project management and development processes
- Benchmarking standard methodologies and latest industry technology, tools, and trends, in instructional design and leveraging to improve learning and competency products
- Working with Learning Advisors and domain specialists to design and develop appropriate learning content with minimal direction
- Attentiveness to details in producing, writing, and proofing all materials to ensure consistency in form, format, and function
- Design and execution of Learning Plan in support of Learning Advisors
- Domain Specialist for Kahuna – Competency Management System software
- Domain Specialist for Metrics that Matter (MtM) course evaluation tool; Metric and trend analysis and reporting on course evaluations across training fields
- Domain Specialist for LinkedIn Learning including the relationship with vendors and implementation in COP processes
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States as a U.S. citizen or national, or an alien admitted as a permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Education, Human Resources, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Project Management, another related business field, or foreign equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in Human Resources or Learning roles
- Master’s degree or higher in Human Resources, Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Project Management another related business field, or foreign equivalent
- 1+ years of experience in instructional design or exposure to ConocoPhillips Learning processes
- Advanced level of knowledge of the quality standards for Learning
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Good resolution skills
- Good communication (verbal and written) and listening, skills
- Good organizational and strategic skills
- Proven commitment to excellent customer service and a standout colleague
- Takes ownership of actions and follows through on commitments by holding others accountable and standing up for what is right
- Delivers positive results through realistic planning to accomplish goals
- Builds effective solutions based on available information and makes timely decisions that are safe and ethical
- Listens actively and invites new ideas for exchanged opinions, then influences and acts to drive positive performance and achieve results
- Builds positive relationships based on trust and seeks collaboration across organizational boundaries to achieve goals
- Drives thoughtful and pragmatic change inspires innovative thinking and continuous improvement, and models adaptability through resourcefulness, flexibility, and positivity