|Hiring Organization||Briley Sonics|
|Post Name||Assistant Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 65483|
There are two kinds of people in this world: SONIC employees and those who wish they were SONIC employees. This elite group gets to work with awesome people, earn great pay, and sport the cool uniform. Being an Assistant Manager at a SONIC Drive-In restaurant is the cherry on top of a Strawberry Banana Split Molten Cake Sundae.
You’ll assist the drive-in restaurant’s General Manager in managing drive-in operations. You will also be involved in training and supporting other employees to ensure we provide quality food in a clean, safe and efficient manner. We want every guest to have an enjoyable dining experience every time they come to SONIC.
Basic job duties for the drive-in restaurant’s Assistant Manager include:
- Manages, trains, monitors, and coaches Team / Crew Members, Carhops, and Skating Carhops ● Directs and assigns drive-in restaurant employees as needed to ensure all aspects of food service meet operational standards
- Adheres to and monitors employee compliance with the drive-in restaurant employee handbook, policies, and practices
- Performs restaurant opening and/or closing duties
- Monitors and makes appropriate adjustments to staffing levels, inventory levels, and food cost control
- Completes weekly inventory as needed
- Assists in administrative duties including maintaining files, records, and all required documentation
- Reinforces a customer service mentality and ensures all employees are focused on serving the customer at all times.
- Immediately and respectfully responds to guest requests. Reports guest complaints to immediate supervisor and assists in resolving such complaints.
SONIC Drive-In Assistant Manager Requirements:
- Ability to work irregular hours, nights, weekends, and holidays
- General knowledge and understanding of the restaurant industry or retail operations required
- A minimum of six months of restaurant management experience (QSR) or one-year entry-level retail management experience is required. Experience running shifts without supervision
- Effective communication skills; basic math, reading, and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work with autonomy once given directions; ability to multi-task and successfully solve problems
- Willingness to abide by the appearance, uniform, and hygiene standards at SONIC
- Additional SONIC Drive-In Assistant Manager Qualifications…
- Friendly and smiling faces that enjoy providing courteous food service to our guests!
- Professional individuals who value people and demonstrate respect for others!
- A team player is willing to meet and exceed drive-in goals and objectives.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead team members.
- Dedicated individuals with a proven track record of building sales, creative marketing, expense management, and developing people into successful teams.
Sure, classic cars and vintage threads may be things of the past, but the Sonic Drive-In experience will always be groovy, right on, awesome, wicked, fab, the bee’s knees, cruisin’ . . . you get the picture! It’s downright sensational!!