|Hiring Organization||Fairfield Residential|
|Post Name||Maintenance Supervisor|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States|
ABOUT THIS ASSOCIATE:
Fairfield Residential properties are known for the visible and available on-site staff that keep our residents loving where they live. Our Maintenance Supervisors are critical members of our Property Management Teams who work to ensure the upkeep of our properties and ensure our customers’ happiness and comfort.
The Maintenance Supervisor takes pride in and oversees the overall appearance and maintenance of our apartment communities. As a leader, this person supervises and motivates a diverse staff while routinely making independent decisions, especially during after-hours emergency situations.
This is a busy, exciting job for someone committed to the preservation and beautification of real estate and who is passionate about a career in residential property management. Successful associates in this role may be promoted to Regional Maintenance Supervisor positions.
THIS POSITION MAY BE RIGHT FOR YOU IF:
- YOU TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR SKILLS, especially in the areas of electrical, plumbing, HVAC, swimming pool, carpentry, dry wall, exterior structural, and appliances.
- YOU’RE A DEDICATED INSPECTOR with strong technical skills diagnosing maintenance issues.
- YOU VALUE HARD WORK and exhibit this as a leader for your team.
- YOU ARE TECH SAVVY, especially with the Microsoft Office suite and Yardi (or similar) software.
- YOU STAY ON TOP OF IT by noticing the details and with your superior time management and organizational skills.
- YOU KNOW THAT INTEGRITY MATTERS and exhibit a strong adherence to ethical standards including, but not limited to, the ability to maintain confidentiality and fiduciary responsibility.
- YOU ARE DRIVEN BY CUSTOMER SATISFACTION and work diligently to maintain your happiness.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT TO DO IN THIS ROLE:
- Perform, schedule, and supervise maintenance repairs throughout the property.
- Schedule, monitor, and conduct preventative maintenance.
- Maintain a flexible, available schedule to respond to and resolve after-hours and weekend emergency maintenance and custodial requirements.
- Use Yardi (or similar) property management software to manage open service repair requests
- Create and manage a budget while maintaining an accurate inventory of maintenance items.
- Ensure that policies and procedures as well as safety and compliance expectations are met.
TEAM MANAGEMENT & CUSTOMER SERVICE
- Lead, motivate and develop a successful, inclusive and diverse property maintenance team.
- Provide timely and constructive performance feedback and light mediation.
- Deliver outstanding customer service to all residents.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED ON DAY ONE:
For this role, at least three years of hands-on property building maintenance experience is desired; with Apartment Maintenance experience a big plus. A successful track record as a supervisor is preferred. This is not an entry-level position.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC-EPA (Type II) is required.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) licenses may be required based on the property’s needs.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Availability to be on-call and responsive to after-hour emergencies.
*The sign-on bonus, less usual deductions, will be paid following the completion of 90 days of employment.