|Post Name||Tax Manager|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77002|
Do you have excellent tax compliance skills and a strong desire to join a cutting-edge team? Do you like working to help companies achieve their tax objectives and their individual risk profiles? Do you have a passion for a unique and challenging role? If so, we have the career opportunity to keep you intrigued well beyond the tax code!
Work you’ll do
As a Tax Manager in our FTS: STR group you will be responsible for:
- Oversight of complex tax projects for clients in diverse industries including participation in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
- Research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues encountered on our projects while working closely with both our engagement teams and our Partners, Principals, and Managing Directors.
- Supervising assignments by professional accountants serving as Tax Consultants and Tax Senior Consultants.
- Developing and motivating engagement staff and providing them with leadership, counseling, and career guidance.
- Day-to-day management of projects through the delivery of tax consulting services to the client.
National Federal Tax Services (NFTS) is a national practice within Deloitte Tax LLP made up of multiple tax service offerings including Strategic Tax Review, Inventory Tax Services, and Meals & Entertainment Review Services. Each NFTS service offering has been developed and built as a result of a tax planning opportunity, a marketplace need, or a technological innovation – all with the purpose of delivering results for our clients.
Our people are entrepreneurial in spirit and have always had the work-hard/play-hard mentality. NFTS service lines provide tax planning and compliance support for the largest organizations across all industries.
Our team specializing in Strategic Tax Review (STR) is a leading client service group focused on identifying tax planning opportunities that generate significant cash savings for our clients in addition to, in some cases, lowering our clients’ overall effective tax rate. Typically, clients are large to midsize corporations currently paying cash taxes.
Strong targets include, but are not limited to, companies that incur significant capital expenditures and have the objective of identifying substantial recurring tax savings opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or another business-related field
- 5+ years of experience in core federal tax compliance
- Experience with fixed assets reviews or depreciation studies
- Experience participating in all aspects of engagement strategic planning initiatives and supervising broad project teams
- licensed CPA in the state of practice/primary office if eligible to sit for the CPA
- If not CPA eligible:
- Licensed attorney
- Enrolled Agent
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
- Advanced degrees such as MST, MAcc, JD, or LLM
- Demonstrated sound judgment and instincts in evaluating complex scenarios
- Demonstrated effective research, and verbal and written communication skills
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and objectives
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Aptitude in MS Projects, Word, Excel, and Visio
- Previous Big 4 experience
- Previous tax consulting experience
From developing a stand-out resume to putting your best foot forward in the interview, we want you to feel prepared and confident as you explore opportunities at Deloitte.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our people and culture
Our diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture empowers our people to be who they are, contribute their unique perspectives, and make a difference individually and collectively. It enables us to leverage different ideas and perspectives, and bring more creativity and innovation to help solve our client’s most complex challenges. This makes Deloitte one of the most rewarding places to work.
From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build new skills, take on leadership opportunities and connect and grow through mentorship. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their careers.