|Hiring Organization||Baylor College of Medicine|
|Post Name||Senior Coordinator|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Location||Houston, Texas, United States 77030|
Factor Health builds, tests, and scales health programs delivered in the landscape of people’s lives. We are looking for a research associate to assist with the coordination and planning support of our Fruit & Vegetable Consumption for Chronic Kidney Disease program in Houston, Texas.
Data collection as part of a research trial that rigorously tests the efficacy of the health intervention, delivered in the lives of participants, will be a major component of overall responsibilities.
The health program is delivered in clinics and community sites. Our portfolio of programs addresses a variety of health issues such as mental health associated with loneliness and depression, or chronic conditions like diabetes. Interventions focus on the social drivers of health. Examples include medically tailored meals, fruit and vegetable delivery, and lay-person-delivered social connection.
The research associate will primarily be involved in the Fruit & Vegetable Consumption for Chronic Kidney Disease program for Harris Health patients who have chronic kidney disease, with a possibility of being involved in other programs as well. This position is funded for two years.
- Coordinate research and implementation activities with the program leadership, program and research managers, our partners, and study participants.
- Work closely with the entire Factor Health research and implementation team on a range of activities during both active program implementation and while planning for implementation, such as recruitment and data collection.
- Screen and recruit study participants at clinic sites, including Harris Health clinics.
- Provide informed consent for individuals to participate in research.
- Review electronic medical records for study inclusion and exclusion criteria collaboratively with designated clinical contacts.
- Enroll Harris Health patients in the study (at clinic location, other offsite locations, and some remote work).
- Collect data from participants at clinic sites. This data collection could include finger-sticking participants and collecting urine samples for clinical tests, and/or collecting measurements such as BMI, blood pressure, food recall interviews, and other biomedical measurements.
- Enter and quality-check research data into the central database for future analysis.
- High School diploma or GED. Bachelor’s degree in a related field and no experience may also be considered.
- Four years of relevant experience.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- Must be able to travel between multiple sites in Houston.
- May occasionally require after-hours and weekend work.
- Mostly study enrollment and data collection duties.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.