|Hiring Organization||Elevance Health|
|Post Name||Outreach Specialist|
|Qualification||Requires HS Diploma and a minimum of 1 year of customer service experience, or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 30 To USD 35 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
Here’s what a typical day may look like:
- Responsible for serving as the initial and main point of Field contact between the Company and current and potential members.
- Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Response to telephone, written, and in-person inquiries and initiation steps to assist regarding issues relating to content or interpretation of benefits, policies, and procedures.
- Provides timely and accurate resolution of inquiries and issues regarding benefits, services, and policies.
- Supports and promotes State Sponsored Programs through participation in community events.
- Represents State Sponsored Programs in community collaborations.
- Supports member access to care through home visits, processing of reports, and distribution of collateral materials.
- Performs new member orientations.
- Provides superior quality outcomes by taking ownership of issues to ensure timely resolution or follow-up.
- Provides superior, professional, and courteous service to customers.
- Comprehends the various cultural and linguistic needs of the Medicaid and SCHIP population, knowledge of the various health and social services available in the assigned region with a special emphasis on services offered by community-based organizations, ability to work professionally with the company’s associates, community-based organizations, providers and plan members.
- Requires HS Diploma and a minimum of 1 year of customer service experience, or any combination of education and experience that would provide an equivalent background.
- Bilingual in Vietnamese and/or Korean is required.
- Understanding the basic principles of managed care and the concepts of publicly financed health insurance such as Medicaid and SCHIP programs is preferred.
Please be advised that Elevance Health only accepts resumes from agencies that have a signed agreement with Elevance Health. Accordingly, Elevance Health is not obligated to pay referral fees to any agency that is not a party to an agreement with Elevance Health. Thus, any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of Elevance Health.
Be part of an Extraordinary Team
Elevance Health is a health company dedicated to improving lives and communities – and making healthcare simpler. Previously known as Anthem, Inc., we have evolved into a company focused on whole health and updated our name to better reflect the direction the company is heading.
We are looking for leaders at all levels of the organization who are passionate about making an impact on our members and the communities we serve. You will thrive in a complex and collaborative environment where you take action and ownership to solve problems and lead change. Do you want to be part of a larger purpose and an evolving, high-performance culture that empowers you to make an impact?
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs, and financial education resources, to name a few.
The health of our associates and communities is a top priority for Elevance Health. We require all new candidates to become vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless you provide – and Elevance Health approves – a valid religious or medical explanation as to why you are not able to get vaccinated that Elevance Health is able to reasonably accommodate. Elevance Health will also follow all relevant federal, state, and local laws.