|Hiring Organization||Califia Farms|
|Post Name||Logistics Specialist|
|Qualification||A degree in logistics management|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 2500 To USD 3500 Per Month|
|Location||Los Angeles, California, United States 90013|
Rooted in California, Califia Farms is on a mission to create a future where plants replace dairy, without compromise. The company creates a variety of great-tasting plant-based beverages that make the transition to eating plant-based dairy easy and delicious.
Califia Farms is one of the fastest-growing, independently owned, natural beverage companies in the U.S., the UK, and Australia, and is well-known for its iconic curvy bottle. Califia Farms was founded and is headquartered in the downtown Los Angeles Arts District.
With a manufacturing facility in Bakersfield, Calif. The company’s culture is built around four core values: a passion for purpose, insights into action, fierce interdependence, and challenger spirit.
The Logistics Specialist will assist in managing a high volume of shipments within the US and Canada. The candidate will work closely with the Logistics managers, trucking companies, customer operations team, warehouse team, 3PL partners, and co-manufacturers to ensure timely and accurately executed deliveries.
The role requires high efficiency, problem-solving skills, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. This position is based out of our headquarters in the Arts District, Downtown Los Angeles, and is expected to be in the office Tuesday through Thursday.
- Assist in the management of daily logistics operations as they relate to the movement of finished goods across a network of 10+ warehouses and co-manufacturers.
- Assist in managing transportation and delivery of orders to customer warehouses to ensure deliveries are accurately executed.
- Assess and recommend best routing and carriers to meet on-time delivery of customer orders within budget.
- Manage correspondence with freight carriers to ensure on-time deliveries to the warehouse, 3PL partners, and co-manufacturers.
- Maintain a good relationship with warehouse and manufacturing teams in the execution of intermodal and OTR shipments.
- Work closely with and assist in day-to-day operations of 3PL freight providers – some located in the Eastern time zone.
- Support the development and implementation of cost reduction and efficiency strategies to facilitate organizational growth.
- Tracking orders at 3PL locations to determine if carriers have secured pick-up appointments.
- Assist Customer Service team with delivery status updates and facilitate any changes customers might need.
- Assist in collecting transportation cost data for a weekly freight spend report.
- Transportation Management Services (TMS) data entry
- Audit freight charges approve for payment, process, and file claims for damaged goods.
- Minimum of 3 years of logistics experience
- Knowledge of standard practices related to distribution logistics.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Software (Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel)
- High level of proficiency in written and oral negotiation & communications.
- Experience with TMS preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to interact positively and professionally when the issue is urgent.
- Team player with the ability to work cross-functionally and communicate out clear and concise information in a timely manner.
- Capable of developing creative solutions and methods of improvement.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.