|Hiring Organization||SS&C Technologies|
|Post Name||Associate Manager|
|Qualification||Minimally requires a Master’s degree and 1 year of related experience, a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience, or a high school degree and 5 years of related experience.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 4500 To USD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||New York City, New York, United States 10036|
SS&C is a global provider of investment and financial services and software for the financial services and healthcare industries. Named to Fortune 1000 list as top U.S. company based on revenue, SS&C is headquartered in Windsor, Connecticut, and has 20,000+ employees in over 90 offices in 35 countries.
Some 18,000 financial services and healthcare organizations, from the world’s largest institutions to local firms, manage and account for their investments using SS&C’s products and services.
Associate Manager – Private Equity Funds: The assistant manager will be responsible for a broad spectrum of financial and accounting matters affecting our private equity clients.
Assistant vice presidents should have a strong background in accounting for alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity, proven client management skills, and the ability to manage and monitor client deliverables and deadlines.
Additionally, the assistant manager is responsible for exercising sound judgment regarding the proper application of accounting principles to complex transactions, as well as preparing financial reports.
- Help manage one or more client relationships, including scheduling and meeting all client deliverables
- Maintain/manage client expectations and coordinate deliverables timelines with the vice president and staff
- Demonstrate strong knowledge of accounting, specifically with respect to alternative investment funds, with a focus on private equity limited partnerships
- Assist in the preparation of goals and career development plans for junior staff
- Provide input into semiannual performance appraisals and discussions for junior staff
- Provide guidance and direction to junior staff on all technical and client-service-related topics
- Review fund governing documents, offering documents, subscription documents, side letters, and investment management agreements, in order to ensure proper application of fund terms
- Review all transaction documentation and supporting files, and understand the features of the investment transactions, accruals, etc.
- Prepare/review work paper files for accuracy and completeness, including capital activity, investment activity, income and expense accruals, valuation adjustments, etc.
- Prepare/review management fee calculations, including offset able amounts, management fee waiver contributions, etc.
- Prepare/review investor allocations and capital account statements
- Prepare/review capital call and distribution calculations, sources/uses of cash, allocations, and investor notices
- Create, maintain, and/or review distribution waterfall (carried interest) models, in keeping with the applicable fund terms
- Prepare/review financial statements, notes disclosures, and supporting schedules
- Help manage the year-end audit process, in collaboration with the VP, client, and auditors
- Where applicable, support the tax team with information to prepare tax compliance/reports
- Support corporate goals and business/departmental initiatives
Responsible for the accounting and valuation of complex investments, which may include complex derivatives, fixed income, and international financial products. Leader of primarily technical, skilled, or professional staff working on issues or projects of moderate scope that require independent judgment guided by established policies, processes, and procedures.
Actively engages in the work of the team to resolve escalated issues and meet schedules. Administers company policies and provides direction and guidance to team members on daily work, sometimes through team leads.
Recommends new procedures and changes to policies to meet department goals. Minimally requires a Master’s degree and 1 year of related experience, a Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience, or a high school degree and 5 years of related experience.